Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,792   Online: 840

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Kodak E-6 Bleach

Found out that the 10L bottle now costs over $100. That came from my local dealer and is consistent with that the national guys have on their website. That is a huge price increase. Anyone know what happened?

Chuck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I know 2 things:

1. It can be regenerated and reused a lot more than you may think. That info is on the Kodak web site.

2. I know how to make two substitute bleaches you can mix yourself.

PE

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    PE- Would love the formulas. I am transitioning to negatives but have an ongoing project that I am keeping with transparencies. Not sure if I will have enough bleach to get me through. Still curious as to why the price skyrocketed. I have some fear it is a mistake but one that comes out of my wallet.

Chuck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is a Ferricyanide bleach which requires 2 extra steps (clearing baths) or a Ferric EDTA bleach which is the current E6 bleach. Both work.

The Ferricyanide Bleach is a regular rehal bleach found here on APUG and the clearing bath is a Sodium Sulfite stop with 1 - 2$ Acetic Acid.

The EDTA bleach is Ferric Nitrate + Ammonium Chloride + EDTA. The pH is adjusted to about 6 with Ammonium Hydroxide and Acetic Acid.

As you can see, the Ferri bleach uses more readily available chemistry.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin