Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,813   Online: 857

Shooter
    Multi Format

Trivia Question?

N.B. I first went searching via Google for an answer for this one but got tired after scrolling through six pages of unrelated information.

What was the last year that Ektachrome P800-1600 was manufactured? I have two reasons for the interest: 1). simple curiosity; and 2) I will be working on a project in New Orleans in August and if I can find film from the last batch (at least 20 rolls of the stuff that has been frozen) at a reasonable price I will use film rather than my digital (soon the D4) for the "existing light" portion of the work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would stop chasing ether, and find some 400 speed reversal film, and a lab you have confidence in doing a 1 or 2 stop push. That , while perhaps challenging, isshould be doable

As always, trial your materials prior to taking important shots.

I am always dubious about the fast films. Ilford P3200 really only worked well for me at 800.
    From the charachteristic curve from a test target I shot it measured for me as a 400 speed film that pushed quite well.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format

P1600

I have six rolls of P1600 that have been frozen, with exp. date of 6/2002, been frozen since purchase. Up for grabs if anyone is interested.

Ed

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin