Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,414   Online: 1105

Shooter
    Medium Format

Where to buy ilfrachrome paper and chemicals ?

Where I can buy now ilfrachrome paper and chemicals. Earlier it sells silverprints.co.uk and several vendors. But now I can't find it anywhere.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ilford stopped production, I'm sad to say.

Before they pulled the plug on Ilfochrome, they offered to businesses using them a pre-purchase of materials to cover their ongoing needs and to give them enough time to re-structure the way they print.

Direct positive color printing is history.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    There's still some available for retail purchase here; but you'd have to buy a matching quantity of
    chemistry, preferably P3, and there are serious shipping restrictions with that (contains sulfuric acid). Any old or leftover paper is has probably spoiled per color balance. I'll probably do my last
    run of Ciba this summer. In the meantime I'm transitioning into Fuji Supergloss for an equivalent look,
    although it was in part the idiosyncrasies of Ciba which gave it its special look. Can't complain.
    Got a lot of wonderful prints from Ciba, but all my big ones are sold, so have to move on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
    Any old or leftover paper is has probably spoiled per color balance.
    I thought so too, until last week when I opened a box, bought from eB, that had expired in 2001. No colour problems at all, beautiful prints. Couldn't even see a difference from a fresh batch of paper. On the other hand, a recently expired open pack I had stupidly stored in a drawer in my occasionally very humid darkroom was close to unusable.
    I reckon it's all about storage conditions.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I think Stephen Frizza is still doing cibas Yes No?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    I think Stephen Frizza is still doing cibas Yes No?
    Stephen is, and was the one that brought the news about the discontinued manufacturing by Ilford Switzerland (if I remember correctly).
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin