Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,545,002   Online: 754

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by abbandon View Post
    Are you sure your chemistry is in date ? I ask because if you are following those instructions faithfully are you aware that Conditioner and Stabalizer were replaced some years ago by Pre Bleach 2 and Final Rinse.
    Thank you so much for the information. Incidentally I have seen the same doc regarding the Pro6 system of chemicals. This particular document is hosted by Fujifilm Europe, so I wonder if the Pro6 system is simply the European designation of the same C6R chemicals that i have. I'm very certain that the chemicals is fresh, since it is made right here in Singapore, in an industrial area not more than 10 miles from where I live. The local Fujihunt manager has provided me with the following processing document:

Fujihunt C6R Chemical System

Development timing for each step is exactly the same as the Pro6 system.

In any case, the use of the starters is the last option that i have yet to attempt. I have ordered a set of starters that I will pick up tomorrow, and I will run another test strip through it and report back the result.

ls

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi, guys, after more than hundred rolls of experimentation and tuning, I thought I will report back the findings, so that if there's anyone else working with the Fujihunt chemicals, he/she can learnt from my failures:

1. yes, definitely use the starters. I find the amount of First Developer starter adds a yellowish hue to the slides. Too much, and the hue begin to appear even in the transparent area (Dmin).

2. besides the starters for both First Developer and Color Developer, it's important to dilute down the reversal bath. Optimal dilution is 60-80% of the recommended concentration.

3. dilute down color developer by 10-15%.

With these changes, the processed slides have very beautiful and neutral tones. However, they are still not within the control-limits of the Kodak E6 Control Strips. I've getting very good support from Fujihunt Europe. With one-shot processors like the Phototherm, there's a lot of trial and error to get things spot on. The good thing is that Phototherm is incredibly consistent, as verified by measuring control strips from different runs of the same parameters.

I can definitely use some help with interpreting the densitometer results. If anyone of you have experience with it - please let me know! I'm more than happy to post the results online!

ls

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Please post the curves from the control strips. I have had the experience of judging them.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Great! Ok, here are the results from my last 2 runs:

<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=0&output=html>

The densities for both Color and Speed tend to be on the high side compared to the reference. Does it mean that increasing the First Developer processing time will bring the difference down?

Also, clearly the blue readings tend be off from the other 2. Do you have any suggestion on how to reign in the blue readings?

Thanks!

ls

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do you have a reference value? That would help.

Also, that Dmax looks odd to me. They are all way too low. If it is indeed Dmax, then the values should be in the range of 3.0 - 3.5.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    These are the deltas from the aim values. For the absolute values, I'll need to retrieve them from the densitometer when I get back to the darkroom. Would these difference values be enough to offer a clue to the problem? My understanding is that the process is within control limits when all these numbers are less than 0.1 - is that correct?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Are you plotting them using form Y-33? Can you scan the plots and post it here?
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I should have realized that it was a delta value. Shame on me!

It appears that the Red speed is slightly high and Blue is just about right on. If that is the case, then the image should appear yellowish unless the contrast of the layers is very much off due to crossover.

You see, as a layer speeds up in a reversal film, the less density it contributes to the image or the lighter it gets. For example, to have a blue tint, you need lower red speed and green speed giving you more cyan dye and magenta dye.

Bottom line, the numbers make sense for a problem, most likely some sort of development problem, but there is not enough data in the control strip information to tell. Sorry. The high yellow Dmin does suggest underdevelopment in the First Developer.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Greg: let me go back to plot the data on the form and have it put up here. Looking at the form, it appears that the tolerance for each of the key measurements is to be within 0.04, and anything between 0.04-0.1 is considered within Control Limit, and anything above that is out of control limits - am I right?

PE: Thanks for the feedback. What are the control limits? I think by extending the first developer time, I can bring the average Color and Speed values to be closer to the aim point. However, clearly the spread limit between the 3 colors is a bit too wide. Do you have any idea what factors control the color spread?

Thanks, guys!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You have to get the delta values from EK or Fuji.

Sorry.

Pe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin