Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,990   Posts: 1,524,175   Online: 1059

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey guys

Good news. I've watched all the YouTube clips in a bit more detail and read all the posts etc and this week I've shot another two rolls while I was on London.

Though my shots were not fantastic, at least they're not all white! So the unrolling was clearly the cause and not the camera. Now 'all' I need to do it work out how to better meter a scene. The two shots below were taken by using an incident light meter that I held in front of the lens pointing it AT the scene. In most cases it reported EV values of 2 or 3 so I usually shot at about 3 or 4 EV to account for the brighter areas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 18560006.JPG   18560007.JPG   18570006.JPG  
    Ted Smith Photography
    Hasselblad 501CM...my 2nd love.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ted, doesn't look like the metering was massively off although pointing it at the scene is using it in reflectant style.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ted_smith View Post
    Hey guys

Good news. I've watched all the YouTube clips in a bit more detail and read all the posts etc and this week I've shot another two rolls while I was on London.

Though my shots were not fantastic, at least they're not all white! So the unrolling was clearly the cause and not the camera. Now 'all' I need to do it work out how to better meter a scene. The two shots below were taken by using an incident light meter that I held in front of the lens pointing it AT the scene. In most cases it reported EV values of 2 or 3 so I usually shot at about 3 or 4 EV to account for the brighter areas.
    Ted your using the incidental meter the wrong way, you should point the dome from the subject at the camera lens.
    Ben

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin