Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,270   Online: 851

Shooter
    Medium Format

Anyone want to sleuth what happened here?

I developed two rolls of c41 last night. One was an old roll of Kodak Pro Image 100 (obviously very expired) and the other was a new roll of Fuji Superia 800. Both were developed in the same tank at the same time. There is no visible staining or watermarks on the base or emulsion side of the negatives from either roll. I have developed a ton of color (including multiple rolls) and have never seen this before.

Here is an image from the Pro Image 100 roll:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9093035...in/photostream

And here is an image from the Fuji Superia roll:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9093035...in/photostream

All images from the Pro Image 100 roll came out fine. The images from the Superia, obviously, did not. (Although I think they look cool).

Thoughts?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No idea... but I agree they look cool :-)
    Keith Ostertag
    keitho at strucktower dot com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Those halfframe images make great stereo viewing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A long shot, but any chance the fuji got spashed while being loaded onto the reel, or while waiting to go into the tank? Looks like it developed, bleached and fixed in all other areas of the neg, and the other roll doesn't look too far off for an expired roll.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Maybe there was some bleach or fixer residue in the tank, which got flushed out by the developer onto one roll of the film? But hard to imagine such Jekyll/Hyde between two rolls in the same tank.

But I'm thinking it's more likely to be some sort of water or humidity damage well before you loaded the film in the reel.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ya, I think the only (likely) logical explanation is that the roll was damaged prior to loading. Considering it's a new roll I'm going to guess it was some liquid. Probably water.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like water damage to me as well. I have seen similar things when I was in the finishing business, the customer had dunked their film in water or the like and them brought it in to be processed.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin