Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,926   Posts: 1,522,131   Online: 899

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    mts
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The biggest problem I have with E-6 is storing all the bottles of chemistry. It's bad enough to store C-41 developer, stop, bleach, fix, and stabilizer. Add another stop, a second developer (light reversal) and keeping both C-41 and E-6 fills the sink with bottles.
    By denying the facts, any paradox can be sustained--Galileo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ektar in 4x5 had better not be discontinued! I have heard nothing about that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hmm, Ektar shouldn't be flat, and it shouldn't be nuclear like what the OP posted....

I've found Ektar to be an enhanced, yet very balanced film. People who dismiss Ektar or say it's flat are getting sub-par scans. And same with outrageous saturation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That photo looks like it has had a mismatched profile placed, maybe the gawdy and ghastly Photopro, common with CMYK print processing (but not RGB).
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Wow, interesting places this thread has gone since I decided to take a break from it.

1) I am entirely in control of my scan process, from calibration, profiling, and color spaces, to my use of PhotoShop. Thaaaanx.
    2) I don't think there's anything particularly unrealistic about my rendering of the scene. Blazing midday sun and neon colors. Yes it has lost in contrast what it gained in outrageous saturation. Whether it's TASTEFUL or GOOD is entirely up for grabs. HOWEVER,
    3) Some of you are perhaps unaware of how, like, mean-spirited your commentary is.

The fate of civilization does not revolve around a single scanned frame of Ektar. Sorry! Back to Portra, which I have found to be much less controversial in its opinions on gay rights, abortion, or hydrofracking, scanned or not.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
    From Kodak's own site it looks like they pulled the plug on sheets completely and aren't going to coat
    any more.
    Where'd you read that?

It does appear that Kodak is moving to special order on 8x10 film for most emulsions, but Ektar 4x5 still looks like a standard stock item.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zygomorph View Post
    Wow, interesting places this thread has gone since I decided to take a break from it.

1) I am entirely in control of my scan process, from calibration, profiling, and color spaces, to my use of PhotoShop. Thaaaanx.
    2) I don't think there's anything particularly unrealistic about my rendering of the scene. Blazing midday sun and neon colors. Yes it has lost in contrast what it gained in outrageous saturation. Whether it's TASTEFUL or GOOD is entirely up for grabs. HOWEVER,
    3) Some of you are perhaps unaware of how, like, mean-spirited your commentary is.

The fate of civilization does not revolve around a single scanned frame of Ektar. Sorry! Back to Portra, which I have found to be much less controversial in its opinions on gay rights, abortion, or hydrofracking, scanned or not.
    LOL

Well said.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin