Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,008   Online: 867

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Long live Kodak!

No matter what happens to Kodak, so long as they keep making film, I will shoot it.

Mamiya 645 AFD, 80mm f/2.8 @ 2.8, Ektar 100 @ ISO 50, expertly processed at Richard Photo Lab:

I also liked this one

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Absolutely beautiful! The last, full-body shot is particularly great.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great shots!

Jeff

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yep! no one makes film like Kodak. one more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great work! I hope Kodak film pulls through!...As a side note, I find it interesting how many labs (such as Richard Photo Lab) who use Fuji paper and chemistry for their services as compared to those who use Kodak. Although it does not really matter in the scanning age, it is interesting that people don't often think about bringing Kodak film to a lab that uses Kodak chemistry and papers... I have noticed a difference between the results.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm Glad you guys like them!

Yeah most labs use Fuji CN-16 chemicals..Kodak rebranded some Noritsu's (mostly "KPT-750"'s) that used Kodak chemistry, but when Kodak couldn't keep up with production they got converted to Fuji chemistry with an FA2 kit. It's kind of jenky how it works and when not maintained can go south quick.

I'm sure RPL uses Fuji chemistry, but I had these done on their Noritsu scanner. I like what they can do with the Noritsu, I get better skin tones.

Also shot off a roll of 400H when the sun started going down, had a couple good exposures in it!

645 AFD, 80mm, 2.8, 400h @ 200:

It's funny how these were shot in the dead of winter, in the Pacific Northwest. The Ektar makes it look like summer!

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Lovely pictures!

Which reminds me, I have to pick up a roll of developed 120 ektar from the lab today.
    And the sign said, "long haired freaky people need not apply"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    F/1.4 I love your set, I noticed some others on a different thread. Right now I have been on a Portra kick myself. Just out of curiosity did you light her? Maybe a reflector? They look great!

~M
    "Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." Henri Cartier-Bresson

Guess I have a long ways to go :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is 100% available light, no modifiers. Ektar looks amazing in flat lighting, just shoot it at ISO 50 and expose for the shadows!

I used to shoot a lot of portra 400, it's easy to shoot, but I got sick of the brown/orange tone it has for skintones. I much prefer the pink tones from ektar, 160s and 400h. Portra made people look like they had jaundice a little too much for me.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the tip, I most certainly am going to try that. I have some ecktachrome 100SW (vintage 99) that I shoot at ISO80 that looks great in natural overcast light.
    "Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." Henri Cartier-Bresson

Guess I have a long ways to go :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin