Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,760   Posts: 1,516,051   Online: 885

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151620 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just emailed FreestylePhoto.Biz in Hollywood, they get their newest load of CR-200 and Rollei Crossbird slide film in tomorrow (June 26)

They were kind of in "Denial" about some of their film being "Yellow"

I told them it would be best to test a roll from each batch they have.......And.......I told them about extensive discussions going on about this "Yellow" CR-200 film problem on this form and others.

They have been properly informed! Let's see what happens.....

FreeStylePhoto.Biz has an excellent reputation for great products and services it is hoped that they will not be selling anymore "Piss-A-Chrome" CR-200.

If any of you folks should wind up with "Piss-A-Chrome" yellow CR-200 from FreestylePhoto.biz from their latest batch or any batch for that matter you be
    sure to post here on this forum.

Likewise if the film looks good please post on this forum right away as well.

Shooter
    35mm
    [QUOTE=Alpenhause;1514693
    If any of you folks should wind up with "Piss-A-Chrome" yellow CR-200 from FreestylePhoto.biz from their latest batch or any batch for that matter you be
    sure to post here on this forum.

Likewise if the film looks good please post on this forum right away as well.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and more importantly, let them know too!
    The more people that complain, the more that something can be done, my rolls from Wittner-Cinetec should be arriving next week, cant wait!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yay! The word from FreestylePhoto.Biz! Good Deal!

If any of you folks could provide batch numbers from your "yellow CR-200" and Rollei Crossbird films Freestyle would certainly like to hear from you!

Here it is! The "Word" from FreestylePhot.Biz:

Hi Pablo,

It is certainly reassuring that you folks are aware of this "Bad" "Yellow" problem that affects certain batches of CR-200 and Rollei Crossbird films developed in E-6.

I would imagine that the affected batches of film are long gone by now, my batch was 6782160 expiry of 2015 35mm Cr-200.

It is just the biggest Piss-Off in the world to get such rotten results especially when the film is developed by a Kodak Certified lab.

It is just the rarest thing in the world to actually get defective film that is sold as Fresh and New by a highly respectable dealer such as you folks.

Your efforts on behalf of FreeStylePhoto.Biz and DigitalTruth will certainly bring back confidence in this fine film from Agfa Belgium.

I have purchased a 100 foot roll from Wittner-Cinetec in Germany, these folks cut down and perforate 35mm, 16mm and Super-8, this film looks just like fresh Agfa RSXII 200 ASA color slide film, I sent a couple of rolls to my Kodak certified lab and they look really good!

I will put the word out on APUG to see if folks out there can provide film batch numbers that are "Yellow"

Many Thanks, Steve Icanberry, AKW, Santa Paula, Ca

P.S. See if you folks can persuade Maco Rollei to offer 4x5 and 8x10 sizes!

On 6/26/2013 4:46 PM, Pablo Chanez wrote:
    >
    > Hi Steven,
    >
    >
    >
    > I’ve read the forum you started regarding this issue on APUG. Unfortunately, as you mentioned, we are currently out of stock and waiting for a shipment due to arrive on Friday.
    >
    >
    >
    > Also unfortunate is the fact that emulsion numbers of the affected product were not provided as that is crucial information needed in identifying problem batches.
    >
    >
    >
    > We will certainly test the new batch of film we receive. Let me know if you have any further questions.
    >
    >
    >
    > Pablo Chanez
    >
    > Telesales/Customer Service
    >
    > Freestyle Photographic Supplies
    >
    > 1.800.292.6137 ext. 104
    >
    > pabloc@freestylephoto.biz
    >
    >
    >
    > From: Steven Icanberry [mailto:admin@alpenhause.com]
    > Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 5:53 PM
    > To: www.products
    > Subject: Maco/Rollei CR-200 & Crossbird E-6 film, From: Steven Icanberry
    >
    >
    >
    > I hope you people will test your latest batches of Agfa Aviphot Chrome 200, AKA Rollei CR-200 and Rollei Cross bird film. There was an unusual amount of that film that was BAD! Severe Yellow cast to it when developed in E-6. NO! it was not the fault of the Lab! Look on APUG and LargeFormatPhotographyForum, this "Bad Yellow CR-200" is extensively discussed, I would Highly reccomend you folks go and shoot rolls of this film from each batch number you have to be sure it has normal color rendition. Wittner-Cinetec in Germany has recently been selling this film in super-8, 35mm and 16mm it has great normal color, their sales have jumped up greatly because their film batches render great color, will your latest order from Maco/Rollei be just as good?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wittner Chrome 200D / AGFA Aviphot is now available at Wittner in 35mm canisters!

Prices:
    from 1 pcs. (4.16 EUR netto) 4.95 EUR brutto
    from 5 pcs. (3.32 EUR netto) 3.95 EUR brutto
    from 10 pcs. (2.93 EUR netto) 3.49 EUR brutto
    from 20 pcs. (2.48 EUR netto) 2.95 EUR brutto

Netto = without VAT, brutto = with German VAT 19%.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes it is available thanks to the combined effort on this forum and a few emails exchanged with them!
    My 2 rolls arrived today and i will share the results once i get it processed.
    I cant wait to try this film, it may be a big, ask, but if there ever is enough sales of this, wouldnt it be awesome, if Agfa produce a finer grained ISO100 version of this!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02072013896.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	790.5 KB 
ID:	70996
    Last edited by Nzoomed; 07-02-2013 at 01:38 AM. Click to view previous post history.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Agfa sure won't do this on their own expense. And even with given formulae (Agfa RSX II 100, RSX II 50) a custom coating would still be expensive.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Agfa sure won't do this on their own expense. And even with given formulae (Agfa RSX II 100, RSX II 50) a custom coating would still be expensive.
    Quite true, but if they ever replaced this line with it, it may not be so expensive, the chemicals they produce for the emulsion cant be significantly different than this, you would think they would want to keep their best film in production anyway?
    I dont know, there isnt anything really wrong with this film, other than its more grainy than kodak E100D.
    I think this will be the last type of E6 film i will shoot after i run out of my Kodak, the only offering from Fuji that i like is Provia.
    Last edited by Nzoomed; 07-02-2013 at 05:52 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    More.....From Georg Thaler in Vienna Lomography center.

Steven, just want to update you that the ‘yellow issue’ is still under investigation. We did get some very first results already, but it’s too early to give out a solid statement. I’ll be on holidays till mid of July and after that I will get back to you with more details very soon. Right now I can just say that the outcome of the yet performed tests are promising.

Thanks & Best Wishes from Lomo HQ

Georg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    update...

i had a roll that was bulk loaded and sat for a few weeks before being used. the first 4 shots on the roll had a very strong yellow cast just like all the complaints that were logged against the film. the first 10 had severe coloring issues along the sprocket holes that produced sever color issues. the rest of the pictures were fine. my guess is that either the film being sold by others is old or had a very small amount of light exposure. this has me worried and as such i will not be buying any more. and with the film i have left i will only be rolling it when i need to use it. my guess with the the yellowing is it has something to do with the film base.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by destroya View Post
    update...

i had a roll that was bulk loaded and sat for a few weeks before being used. the first 4 shots on the roll had a very strong yellow cast just like all the complaints that were logged against the film. the first 10 had severe coloring issues along the sprocket holes that produced sever color issues. the rest of the pictures were fine. my guess is that either the film being sold by others is old or had a very small amount of light exposure. this has me worried and as such i will not be buying any more. and with the film i have left i will only be rolling it when i need to use it. my guess with the the yellowing is it has something to do with the film base.
    Is part of the problem one of light-piping in the base? I'm reminded of some of my Dad's double-8 cine films, where, if loaded in the camera in too bright light, there would be yellow/orange fogging flickering along the sprocket-hole sides of the film at the beginning and end when projected.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin