Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,441   Online: 725

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    Is part of the problem one of light-piping in the base? I'm reminded of some of my Dad's double-8 cine films, where, if loaded in the camera in too bright light, there would be yellow/orange fogging flickering along the sprocket-hole sides of the film at the beginning and end when projected.
    This seems very likely!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    dont think so. I loaded the film like i do any other film, in as dark a place as possible, otherwise the roll was finished within one hour of being loaded in the camera. now it did stay in a white film can for a few weeks with the leader out before ot was shot. those frames closest to the leader where the ones with issues. ill load a fresh roll from the bulk roll soon to see if its just getting leaks from the leader or not. keeping my fingers crossed....
    Last edited by destroya; 07-02-2013 at 06:06 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, i will be able to tell you over the next few weeks how i find my film. I expect it should shoot fine.
    Has anyone experimented with this film by shooting at different film speeds set on the camera? I expect if i set my camera to ISO400, i would get finer grain, but poor exposure?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Finer grain at 400asa ?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofek View Post
    Finer grain at 400asa ?
    If i shoot a film rated at 200asa and set the camera to around 400, that would have a smaller aperture wouldnt it since the camera is set for a more light sensitive film? but this would give poor exposure i expect.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Shooting at 400 will give you underexposed slides, no effect on grain per se.

Slide film is not very tolerant of under or over exposure like color negative film is.

Slide film is best not over exposed.

Slide film can be underexposed in evenly lighted scenes to raise the color saturation such as a sunset.

Shoot various subjects at one half stop to a full stop under exposure along with over exposure of a half stop and then compare shots of the same scene that have had proper exposure at asa 200. this bit of experimentation will give you a "Feel" of how a given slide film handles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is said that this film is quite tolerant though, for a slide film. Maybe it is due to its low contrast, like with Astia for example. Super 8 film users expose it either at 160ASA or at 250ASA, depending on their camera, and with good results, apparently. 400ASA seems too much anyway.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well i hope it can tolerate some over exposure, i started shooting my first roll of this film up on our skifield on Mt Ruapehu.
    I had a roll of kodak elitechrome 100 in the camera and i quickly changed rolls of film, forgetting to set the camera to iso 200, forgetting that this film is not DX coded!
    And here i was telling Wittner-Cinetec that DX coding did not bother me when they asked me! lol
    Well, i dont have a problem without DX coding, and normally would have remembered to have set the film speed if i put the film in the camera before going up on the slopes. Its not like the Digibase CR200 is DX coded anyway.
    Anyway i only shot about 10 exposures before i realised i forgot to set the film speed.
    I hope i still get some good photos, it was a very cloudy, overcast day and to top things off it was a blizzard! Hopefully the low light conditions would have made up for it a bit.
    What will i expect to see? Extremley faint image mainly white out? I dont know, but i will share my results at the end of this month hopefully!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    probably will still look good overexposed a stop in overcast and dark situations

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpenhause View Post
    probably will still look good overexposed a stop in overcast and dark situations
    yes thats what im hoping for!
    I cant wait to get this roll developed, i do lots of photography on the snow and outdoors etc.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin