Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,153   Online: 1068

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516171822 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    i sent my roll away to the lab today, i should get it back next week!

Shooter
    35mm
    I have also ordered some rolls of Chrome 200D from Wittner Kinotechnik and once ive shot one or two I will scan them in and post some samples. As a side note I noticed in the datasheet that they have on their website that they receive the film in sizes 24cm x 76 or 135m. If they are capable of confectioning 135 rolls then 120 would not be too much harder. Even cutting the film into sheets and putting them into boxes would take less effort. Has anyone emailed them about the possibility of this?
    Last edited by spatz; 07-19-2013 at 10:51 PM. Click to view previous post history.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Converting to type 120 is, for different reasons, a more difficult task than type 135.

You can buy that film yourself in 24cm wide rolls and cut your sheets from that. But still they would be technical different due to their thinner base.

Shooter
    35mm
    What reasons are there that you know of? I imagine very accurately perforating 135 and spooling it into cassettes would require greater technical skill and effort than would cutting 120 size film and spooling it onto rolls with backing paper.

As a student, using E6 film is already a luxury and purchasing such a quantity of film is simply out of the question. Given the price at which wittner is selling the bulk rolls of 135 aviphot chrome film I could well imagine the possibility of a cheaper sheet film alternative compared to Fuji's current offerings of E6 film at around 50 euro's for 20 sheets.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are several aspects:

There are absolute technical requirements as film thickness and the physical and chemical property of the backing paper.

But there are also practical issues as how to merge film and paper. By hand or by machine? Where to get a funtional machine at what costs?

I wonder why you urge the industry to invest in niche markets, whereas youself seem not willing to even cut sheets yourself.

Shooter
    35mm
    It would not surprise me if Wittner-Cinetec have the capability to do this, but remember that this supplier is mainly a supplier of motion picture film, their film perforation/cutting machine more than likley can cut it to the required width, but they probably havnt pursued the path of packaging 120 film (yet) until they get considerable requests for 120 format, then maybe they will look at this.

I will flick them an email regarding this when i send them my sample shots this week, remember that they will be reading this thread closely even if they dont post on here.

Shooter
    35mm
    AgX: I would gladly cut the sheets myself and sell/use them if I had the facilities and start-up capital to do so but i simply cannot. I was merely wondering if such a company like Wittner who are well aware of their customers needs would be able to do such a thing.

Perhaps Wittner doing 120 is a mute point if maco/rollei start are already doing so. But then again they are also doing 135 so i dont know what to make of this.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, Wittner as a cine stuff dealer/manufacturer offering a still film conversion is very surprising. They might by this try to check the feasability to enter that market segment.

Shooter
    35mm
    Here's the results guys, i have sent some scans to Wittner-Cinetec for their reference.
    I sent the films to the lab in Wellington (NZ) the day before they recieved a significant earthquake! I got the films safely back without too much dramas, luckily they had no major damage, but things got held up a little.
    No i cant see any yellow whatsoever, so im happy with this film, while i certanly miss the fine grain of E100g, i cant complain about the grain with this film at all, colour wise, i dont actually see any significant difference to the kodak personally.
    It also appears that the graininess of the picture can vary especially with exposure, for instance if there is alot of light in the background, or reflection from water, etc, it gives quite a grainy image, as an example the photo below:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000018.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	899.4 KB 
ID:	72168
    However this photo taken on a rather fine day was fairly good grain wise:

Name:	000027.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	720.3 KB 
ID:	72169

This is a sample of the film strip, i was very surprised that Wittner has the equipment to add frame numbers!

Name:	000003.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	584.4 KB 
ID:	72167

On a side note, what would have caused this to my film? Is it the machine at the lab that would have done this?
    My other film had similar damage except without the tear and it was before the first frame.

Name:	26072013934.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	642.2 KB 
ID:	72170
    Last edited by Nzoomed; 07-26-2013 at 04:37 AM. Click to view previous post history.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is a sample of the film strip, i was very surprised that Wittner has the equipment to add frame numbers!
    All industrial perforators of the last decades include edge marking.
    Wiitner even use a very versatile marking technology.
    Last edited by AgX; 07-26-2013 at 06:09 AM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin