Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,872   Posts: 1,520,117   Online: 853

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314151617181923 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    The more I hear about this film, the more I want to buy some of it to try. The price for a bulk roll isn't even that bad. A question however arises and that has to do with the VAT. Living in the US, do I pay the VAT as well?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by madgardener View Post
    The more I hear about this film, the more I want to buy some of it to try. The price for a bulk roll isn't even that bad. A question however arises and that has to do with the VAT. Living in the US, do I pay the VAT as well?
    No...exports to countries outside the European Union should be free of VAT.

Not sure if you would have any local US sales tax or duty which you might have to pay as an "importer" of the goods.

Shooter
    35mm
    Anybody know how much shipping is for a few rolls of 135 (not bulk) to the US? I don't see any indication on their web site as to how much shipping would be for a few rolls of 135-36 just to try out.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    your results seem very similar to mine, but without the edge markings as i bought a 100 foot roll. nice job.

when i bought my 100 foot roll, no VAT. I paid about $67 dollars which included shipping so all in all not bad. but with a few 100 foot rolls of provia 100f showing up on amazon for $100 i would rather pay the $30 more or about $1.50 more per roll for the better quality (better contrast and much less grain). But thats me, YMMV.

all in all though, its nice to have more options in the ever shrinking E-6 world.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The film from Wittner-Cinetec really looks good, and....Edge and frame number markings? Wittner Chrome 200D in 35mm is now a trusted brand in E-6 color slide film!

I wonder if anyone has purchased recent stocks of Rollei CR-200 from the usual dealers and tried it? Hopefully it ain't Yellow.......

People may be a bit apprehensive about CR-200 purchases after what has happened on this thread

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    All industrial perforators of the last decades include edge marking.
    Wiitner even use a very versatile marking technology.
    It looks like its written by a laser of some sort, quite neat that it can be custom marked etc!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpenhause View Post
    The film from Wittner-Cinetec really looks good, and....Edge and frame number markings? Wittner Chrome 200D in 35mm is now a trusted brand in E-6 color slide film!

I wonder if anyone has purchased recent stocks of Rollei CR-200 from the usual dealers and tried it? Hopefully it ain't Yellow.......

People may be a bit apprehensive about CR-200 purchases after what has happened on this thread
    Hopefully not anymore!
    Lets get shooting and start a flickr group under the name of Wittner chrome perhaps?
    If we promote this film enough, it should encourage people to shoot it!
    I like this film and i will probably will shoot it alongside provia when all my kodak stock runs out.
    Although ive found another source of frozen elitechrome 100 thats cheap and that will probably last me a while if i buy more of it, but thats not going to help keep the film industry going by shooting dead products.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Did you know that Kodak Elite Chrome 100 is rumored to be the "Agfa-Photo" branded CT Precisa 100? This film is the version Agfa-Photo supplied after the real German CT Precisa 100 stocks ran out, Now Agfa-Photo is using Fujichrome for their CT Precisa 100 branded film.

I bought 20 rolls of the Agfa-Photo CT Precisa 100 slide film back in 2007, it really does look like Ektachrome! The Lomography X-Pro 100 purchased at the same time is absolutely identical to the EliteChrome/CT Precisa.

My original German made CT Precisa 100 rolls are now pushing 10+ years of age and look a bit yellow, just a bit, not like the bad CR-200, these rolls are now used for cross processing, nothing cross processes like the original German Agfa slide film! A good lab is easily able to balance the color such that you won't have a strong green, blue or yellow cast, IMO one cannot beat the original German Agfa slide film for cross processing, it is just the best!

Someone ought to try Cross processing Wittner Chrome 200D, it may be really good.

Shooter
    127 Format
    I understand the Rollei CN-200 and CR-200 are very close films that each can be processed in C-41 or E-6. They sell the CR-200 as Rollei Crossbird intentionally for C-41 cross-processing.

Without the orange mask the negative film can be processed for great transparencies.

Hell, in reality they are probably both the actual same films.
    - Bill Lynch

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    NO. These films are are
    -) different
    -) not designed for cross-processing

That crossprocessing is an idea of Maco, not Agfa.

Agfa only advises crossprocessing with one of their copy films. And then it is C-41/RA-4.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpenhause View Post
    Did you know that Kodak Elite Chrome 100 is rumored to be the "Agfa-Photo" branded CT Precisa 100? This film is the version Agfa-Photo supplied after the real German CT Precisa 100 stocks ran out, Now Agfa-Photo is using Fujichrome for their CT Precisa 100 branded film.

I bought 20 rolls of the Agfa-Photo CT Precisa 100 slide film back in 2007, it really does look like Ektachrome! The Lomography X-Pro 100 purchased at the same time is absolutely identical to the EliteChrome/CT Precisa.

My original German made CT Precisa 100 rolls are now pushing 10+ years of age and look a bit yellow, just a bit, not like the bad CR-200, these rolls are now used for cross processing, nothing cross processes like the original German Agfa slide film! A good lab is easily able to balance the color such that you won't have a strong green, blue or yellow cast, IMO one cannot beat the original German Agfa slide film for cross processing, it is just the best!

Someone ought to try Cross processing Wittner Chrome 200D, it may be really good.
    I dont think that rumour is true about Elitechrome being rebranded Presica, which all new Presica stock is actually fuji Provia as you mentioned.

My supply of elitechrome is actually dated 2007 anyway, so i doubt its not from kodak.
    Still shoots fine being kept frozen.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin