Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,585   Online: 842

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    CT Precisa was rebranded Elitechrome 100 until Kodak stopped production. I've used quite a few of them.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    35mm
    Nzoomed - I am actually really looking forward to shooting some of the film once i get it. Your results look very promising. There is a distant echo of a kodachrome-like colour palette. I also think making a Flickr group for this film is a great idea!

It would interesting to compare the 200D against provia in terms of grain and film speed. What stops me from using provia more is the cyan cast that occurs in the shadows in daylight. I prefer to shoot without compensating filters.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ath View Post
    CT Precisa was rebranded Elitechrome 100 until Kodak stopped production. I've used quite a few of them.
    Yes quite possible, i do remember reading about this, sorry i was confused with the last post, i thought it was suggesting that Elitechrome was rebranded AGFA film!

Quote Originally Posted by spatz View Post
    Nzoomed - I am actually really looking forward to shooting some of the film once i get it. Your results look very promising. There is a distant echo of a kodachrome-like colour palette. I also think making a Flickr group for this film is a great idea!

It would interesting to compare the 200D against provia in terms of grain and film speed. What stops me from using provia more is the cyan cast that occurs in the shadows in daylight. I prefer to shoot without compensating filters.

I do miss my kodak quite alot, mainly with the grain more than anything, personally i dont see any real difference between Ektachrome and this AGFA stock, other than the grain, i want to test it on some reds etc and see how it really does compare to Kodachrome.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have just noticed they posted some sample images on their news page (a few of which have been posted on this thread).

http://www.wittner-kinotechnik.de/ne...php#20130729-1

I suggest google translating the text as they make some interesting comments.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The sample shots posted on the Wittner-Cinetec website look fabulous! Great color slide film! Looks like a fresher cleaner version of the old Agfa RSX200.

Did you have any "light Piping" problems? I am wondering just how much attention needs to be exercised when loading and unloading this film from the camera.

I bulk loaded a 100 foot roll into 35mm cartridges with a bulk film loader, I did the leader and trailing cutting in super dim light so I hope my rolls look good.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Using a bulk loader means basically to be alert of possible light piping affecting the last frames too.

(Bulk loading can be be done without a loader.)

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by spatz View Post
    I have just noticed they posted some sample images on their news page (a few of which have been posted on this thread).

http://www.wittner-kinotechnik.de/ne...php#20130729-1

I suggest google translating the text as they make some interesting comments.
    Those top 4 Sample Photos on the left are the ones i took on their first rolls they produced!
    They must have thought they were up to a high standard when they asked me for permission!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You know, I have a theory about this "Yellow" CR-200 film problem, Could it be possible back in 2007 or 2008 when Maco/Rollei introduced the film that Maco/Rollei purchased an absolutely huge quantity of this film all of the same emulsion batch number that looked fine back in 2008 and 2009 but as time went by that huge quantity of film still being sold today and is over 6 years old has just plain deteriorated to being yellow.

After the film was all confectioned back in 2007 and 2008 who knows how it was stored? This could very well explain the "Yellow" film problem. This stuff could be really old and poorly stored.

Kodak and Fuji are quite careful about storage and distibution of their films to assure consistant results, they most likely confection quantities they think will be used up before it goes bad.

I remember back in the day myself and my brother would purchase 20 roll packages of Ektachrome and Kodachrome that was too fresh, It would look a bit greenish, no problem, we would just leave that package of film out in normal room temperature for a few months, test a roll, it would look fine after a bit of "ageing" then place the remaining rolls in the refrigerator and the film would be good for many, many years. This practice is not at all necessary for Kodak color films labelled "Professional" because they are already aged to perfection and cold stored. Agfa's color film ageing policy remains a mystery whereas Kodak did comment on their ageing policy back in the day.

An interesting thought, How about taking a roll of perfectly good Wittner-Cinetec D200 (Agfa Aviphot Chrome 200) and leaving it out on the dashboard of your car to be cooked in the sun for several months then shoot it and have it developed, I'll bet it will be yellow.....

You know a strange abusive test like this could really shed one hell of a lot of light on the "yellow" CR-200 mystery, any volunteers?
    Last edited by Alpenhause; 08-01-2013 at 11:18 PM. Click to view previous post history.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maco stated to have cool storage for their films.
    Agfa however even did deep-freeze in the past (in the times of their re-transferal of colour-emulsion making
    to their Mortsel plant).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Maco stated to have cool storage for their films.
    Agfa however even did deep-freeze in the past (in the times of their re-transferal of colour-emulsion making
    to their Mortsel plant).
    Who is doing the cutting and packaging of the Agfa Aviation films for Maco Rollei?

It is really good both Agfa and Maco/Rollei have cool storage but I wonder still what happened to that CR-200 that caused it to go "Yellow"

Did the film just sit far too long on distributer's shelves?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin