Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,044   Online: 773

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpenhause View Post
    Did the film just sit far too long on distributer's shelves?
    This film is very old, both the Wittner and the Rollei films.
    Because:
    AviPhot Chrome 200 was coated at the former Agfa plant in Leverkusen / Germany, in 2005. All material now sold is at least 8 years old.
    It has never been produced at the still running Agfa film factory in Mortsel / Belgium.
    At the time when it was clear that the plant in Leverkusen will stop production, Mortsel ordered huge amounts of this film to be able to supply their aerial film customers for many years to come.
    The film delivered by Agfa today is cool stored stock from their warehouse. There is no production of this film anymore. If the stock is depleted,well then....that's it. History.

To keep colour reversal film alive means buying Fuji (and AgfaPhoto CT Precisa) and, if this film really hit the market, the new Ferrania chrome film.

Best regards,
    Henning

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Henning Serger View Post
    Because:
    AviPhot Chrome 200 was coated at the former Agfa plant in Leverkusen / Germany, in 2005. All material now sold is at least 8 years old.
    It has never been produced at the still running Agfa film factory in Mortsel / Belgium.
    At the time when it was clear that the plant in Leverkusen will stop production, Mortsel ordered huge amounts of this film to be able to supply their aerial film customers for many years to come.
    The film delivered by Agfa today is cool stored stock from their warehouse. There is no production of this film anymore. If the stock is depleted,well then....that's it. History.

To keep colour reversal film alive means buying Fuji (and AgfaPhoto CT Precisa) and, if this film really hit the market, the new Ferrania chrome film.

Best regards,
    Henning
    That is amazing! Here all this time I thought "Fresh" film was being made.

I guess Wittner-Cinetec purchased large rolls from Agfa that were recently taken from Agfa's cold storage whereas the "Yellow" CR-200 was purchased from Agfa's cold storage many, many years ago.

That is most amazing that Agfa Leverkusen produced this E-6 200 speed color slide film on both acetate base and polyester base at the same factory at the same time, AgX had commented about Agfa Belgium picking up a very large quantity of Aviphot Chrome 200 from Leverkusen and shipping it to Morisel, Belgium, I did not quite understand that this film was never made in Belgium, it is just sockpiled in frozen storage in Belgium.

Now when one decides to buy some converted Aviphot Chrome 200 slide film one needs to ask the question of when the film stock was purchased from Agfa Belgium's frozen storage warehouse.

That is really amazing that Aviphot Chrome 200 slide film was all actually made in Levekusen.

Agfa Leverkusen was an amazingly productive factory, I wonder if a "master roll" of Agfa Ultra 100 or Ultra 50 is still stored away in frozen storage somewhere in Europe, there is still one hell of a lot of APX and Scala around.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Henning Serger View Post
    Because:
    Agfa tell a different story.

And Aviphot films were never coated in Leverkusen.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post

Agfa Belgium made the Aviphot Chrome 200? I don't recall Leverkusen producing any films on a Polyester base?

Agfa Belgium seems to make just about all of their films on a polyester base but seems to have made a few films on acetate base like the Aviphot N400 colour negative film which seems to be sold by Maco/Rollei as their Maco Color TCS Eagle 400 ASA traffic surveilance film, this film has the orange mask like most C-41 films, Very nice film BTW, I don't think this film is produced anymore.

So. Agfa Leverkusen only made acetate based films? Agfa Belgium only makes polyester based films and a few acetate films in the past?

Usually a Polyester based film is a dead give away that Agfa Belgium made the film although there seem to be other manufacturer's films coated on Polyester base, I think ADOX has a film or two like that.

So, Where does the Aviphot Chrome 200 slide film originate from?

Shooter
    Multi Format

No, sorry, I have to disagree.
    The information I've posted above is directly from Agfa in Mortsel, from the responsible management.
    Aviphot Chrome 200 has been coated in Leverkusen.
    The Material now sold is cold stored stock. When this stock is depleted, the film is history.

Best regards,
    Henning

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Then the same department is telling two opposing stories. And on this I have several Agfa sources.

That a manufacture of that very film would not be resumed is a different issue.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Then the same department is telling two opposing stories.
    This would not be the first time that has happened. We see it all the time with lots of companies and even governments.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am thinking Agfa would want to do the production of the Aviphot Chrome 200 all in the same location seeing that all that highly specialized film production equipment and staff were already set up in Leverkusen to produce the RSXII 200 Dia film.

It would not make a whole lot of sense to have two sets of production machinery for slide film in two different locations, perhaps the color slide film production machinery was moved to Mortisel, Belgium after the Leverkusen factory shut down.

Hopefully Agfa Belgium will see fit later on to produce more Aviphot Chrome 200.

Now that folks can obtain Aviphot Chrome 200 slide film that works correctly and looks like good fresh film perhaps sales will increase, it is those bad lots of "yellow" film that ruined people's enthusiasm over this film.

Hopefully this thread about CR-200 will encourage certain film distributers to collect up the bad "yellow" film that is unsold and place it into the garbage recepteptacle where it belongs.

The film lots found to be "yellow" should be published so that those folks who possess the offending lot numbers can exchange the film for properly performing film, I would bet that would really boost confidence in this film.

Increases in sales of this film could encourage Agfa to produce more

Shooter
    127 Format
    ...The film lots found to be "yellow" should be published...

It is. They call it Crossbird
    - Bill Lynch

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Increases in sales of this film could encourage Agfa to produce more
    It will take a lot of 135's to show effect on Agfa's inventory. But of course you are right. Sales are what count.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin