Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,043   Posts: 1,560,871   Online: 1215

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Shooter
    127 Format
    I still wish we could get solid information about how to adjust the results with alternative processing times and temperatures.

There was some talk about that a while back but nothing definitive was ever shared.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Bill, There was a bit of technical info about slight extension of the bleach step helping the problem on this thread or related threads but one should not have to deal with such modification steps, after all, this is intended to be "normal slide film"

Unfortunately a large amount of defective film was "Dumped" on us unsuspecting photographers, get your Aviphot Chrome 200 from Wittner-Cinetec in bulk and 36x 35mm rolls, perhaps Wittner-Cinetec could send out a big roll from Agfa to Foma, Ilford, or PhotoStar/Tura to be packed in 120 for us.

I just recieved 5 rolls of the Lomochrome Purple 400 in 120 size today and it looks to me like Foma packed it, the spool and backing paper look like it is from Foma, I peeled off a sticker and underneath it says "Lomography 400 Color negative film" hence it looks like Foma cuts and packs certain Lomography 120 films.

Here is an exclusive look at the box!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LomoChrome120box.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Henning Serger View Post
    Well, you are absolutely right on this.
    How long this film type will be still available is only dependent on the rate of sales = speed of depleting the stock.
    Agfa Aviphot Chrome 200 is not used a lot as aerial film anymore, low demand from this side of the market.
    The main demand is from 'normal' photographers now, who buy this film labeled as
    - Rollei CR 200
    - Rollei Crossbird
    - Lomography X-Pro Slide 200
    - Wittner Chrome 200D.

It is quite easy to get information about the question whether a film is still in production or not. Ask the manufacturer about his capability to deliver big amounts of film for the next 5-10 years. If they say no, you know they are only selling their last stock (by the way, companies interested in a long term supply of this film have asked Agfa and get exactly that answer: no long term supply of bigger volumes possible).

Wittner (and all the other small format film companies) would prefer to offer the much better Fuji colour reversal films to their customers. For a long time they are now asking Fuji to deliver pancakes, ready to invest more than a million dollar for that.
    But so far Fuji is unfortunately ignoring that.
    Fuji could sell much more reversal film if they would listen.

Best regards,
    Henning
    So why did kodak's entire stock of Ektachrome deplete so quickly then?
    It only lasted around 8 months max like they estimated!
    I really miss the kodak stock big time, but i feel positive that we sill still see film as a niche market with the likes of the new ferrania stock announced.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think there is still a limited amount of Ektachrome 100 VS in 120 still available from Mel Pierce camera and B&H, grab it while you can!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Months ago Kodak still had 400 foot rolls of Ektachrome 100D movie film for sale for about $550 a roll, I wish i had the bucks to buy a roll, Ultrafineonline in Oxnard, California told me they would pack it all into 35mm cassettes for me.

Ultrafineonline has all the machinery to perforate 35mm film and pack it into cartridges, rather amazing for a company local to me, Oxnard is real close to Santa Paula, Ca

Any of you folks ever been to Oxnard, California?
    Last edited by Alpenhause; 08-09-2013 at 12:44 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzoomed View Post
    So why did kodak's entire stock of Ektachrome deplete so quickly then?
    It only lasted around 8 months max like they estimated!
    The answer is very simple: Demand has been very high, compared to supply.

That exactly proves what I've written in my post: The Super8 and 16mm film users are desperately looking for colour reversal film.
    Kodak is ignoring the demand and has stopped production.
    Since then all the very active small format film companies, who are cutting and spooling colour and BW reversal film, like Wittner, GK etc. are looking for quality alternatives.
    Best alternatives are of course all the Fuji colour reversal films.
    Therefore the small format companies are asking Fuji for quite a long time now for delivering material. Material worth more than one million dollar. We are not talking about peanuts here.
    Of course such a demand really helps supporting the E-6 film production at Fuji.
    But so far, unfortunately no answer from Fuji.

Best regards,
    Henning

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Stupid Jacked-Off Fuji! Just one of those big corporations that just does whatever they please.

I sure hope Ferrania gets a good color slide film out soon

Shooter
    35mm
    it really makes me mad to hear that, since if there was still a reasonable demand for the kodak products, why they think its uneconomical to produce?
    I really wonder what the management are trying to achieve?
    Since the film division is the only profitable part of the company, i guess they are trying to return a higher profit for their shareholders, even though they probably did get a return from their E6 film division.
    I think Kodak need to downscale their production, so that smaller runs of various films can be produced, rather than trying to produce larger quantities at once, which was sustainable in a larger film market. I think that Kodak even admitted that they need to do this.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Kodak is trying to achieve insolvency.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you Mr Perez for killing a once proud company.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin