Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,255   Online: 1007

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by StorminMatt View Post
    I just thought I would attach a couple of scans here. The scans are unaltered, and you can clearly see the 'yellowness' of the images. Notice how it even tends to turn the sky green in the picture of the tree. What's also kind of interesting is that the yellowishness is supposedly intended to counteract the blueness of high altitude shots. Yet both of these pics were taken at significant altitude (about 8000ft in the first, over 10000ft in the second).

If the yellow balance is to minimize blue casts when shooting at altitude, it doesn't mean taking the shot at 8 or 10 thousand feet, it means shooting through 8 or 10 thousand feet of atmosphere. I'm somewhat glad to see though that I'm not the only one getting a huge yellow cast, I really thought my roll had been misprocessed somehow.
    Last edited by bob100684; 01-25-2012 at 04:35 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by bob100684 View Post
    I'm somewhat glad to see though that I'm not the only one getting a huge yellow cast, I really thought my roll had been misprocessed somehow.
    I guess the big question is, have you found a filter that works well at giving a more neutral color balance?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by StorminMatt View Post
    I guess the big question is, have you found a filter that works well at giving a more neutral color balance?
    To be honest, I haven't tried. I shot a few rolls and then pretty much gave up. It looks pretty decent when crossprocessed though.

richydicky
    I've just shot my first roll of this. In general colour balance good, white snow is a pretty good test and did not experience overall yellow cast although in a few frames there are odd yellow bands, see the second attached photo. The lab offered to re-fix but it was just a test film so I didn't bother. So maybe the film is sensitive to the fixing stage, (they showed me another film from the same processing batch and it was fine) or there is some sort of manufacturing fault. I'm not up on E6 processing so can't judge.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RFCR200002.jpg   Untitled-2.jpg   Untitled-3.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    I know nothing of this film but if has a built-in colour bias and if it is being sold for general pictorial use surely the sponsors should provide some data regarding suitable filters to remove the cast? Out of curiousity I applied the white eyedropper in PS levels to the scans from Bob100684 and got pretty good colour. Now I fully realise that this not of much use where the end product is a tranny and also that this is an analogue forum but PS is a great video colour analyser and this quick and dirty experiment indicates that the colour can be easily corrected. If there is not a readily available filter, a pack could be crafted using gelatin CC filters if you can get hold of them. Whether it's all worth it when there are still quite a few excellent tranny films on the market is another issue. OzJohn

Shooter
    35mm

photoshop mireds

I also realize this is an analog forum, but if photoshop will tell you how many mireds it adjusted the picture, and which color, you could then figure out which filter to use to correct it as the mired values can be found for most color correction filters. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find anything that will tell you what adjustment the software uses so you can apply it to your photos in an analog fashion for your transparencies.

Shooter
    35mm

gimp mireds

For a purely analog method, get yourself a set of Wratten blue filters and peer through those until you see one that gets rid of the yellow. Then use that filter.

I didn't find anything for Photoshop but I did find a plug-in for GIMP that is supposed to do color temperature conversion, if you don't mind digital. Install GIMP from gimp.org if you don't already have it, then go to http://registry.gimp.org/node/73#attachments and download colortemp.scm. Put it in the C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\share\gimp\2.0\scripts folder, then if GIMP is already running, restart it, otherwise start GIMP and load up your image. You'll find the color temperature conversion under Filters->Colors->Color Conversion. Once you have the color the way you like it, convert the color temps to their MIRED values, subtract one from the other, and there's your filtration.

ME Super

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

My own CR200 test

Hi all,

I am somewhat happy that I am not alone to experience heavy yellow shift with this film, I think initially something was wrong, with my Tetenal E6 kit, or my Jobo processing of this particular roll.

Here is an exemple, from this roll, taken in April 2011.

The result is rather unusual but not totally unpleasant to me. But this rendering is not suitable for all photography, I think.

However, I am suprised by the pictures that richydicky shows us, they have no or very minimal colour cast, and they seems much more "clear" than mine, I don't know how to explain it.

The one's from StorminMatt are closers in term of rendering.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tregana_6_Rollei_CR200.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	288.8 KB 
ID:	46072
    Best regards,

Raphael

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've used it a bit and got a definite yellow shift, but nothing like as extreme as some of the examples from this thread. It varies a lot with the lighting, though. Two examples attached---one shows a distinct yellow cast, the other hardly any. (The light in the first really was pretty warm, but the film exaggerates it.)

-NT

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4178299886_a49ca08c6e.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	133.4 KB 
ID:	46088 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4194701988_b18659bd2d.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	177.7 KB 
ID:	46089
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tomalophicon View Post
    Maybe not old, as AGFA is still in the aerial film business.
    http://www.agfa.com/sp/global/en/int...aphy/index.jsp

It's most likley AVIPHOT Chrome.
    http://www.agfa.com/sp/global/en/bin...m611-42591.pdf

Colour rendering
    A UV filter prevents colour shifts and unsharpness due to UV radiation. An interlayer prevents the diffusion of unwanted colour dyes form one sensitive layer into another. So, the colours are well separated and the colour saturation is very good. Aviphot Chrome 200 is suitable for a colour temperature of 5500K.

It is old in the meaning of a late emulsion they used in their consumer range being used in their aerial range too.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin