Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,698   Online: 780

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12161718192021222324 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Truzi View Post
    Seems reasonable to me. Technically speaking, though, you should probably load one more roll in your camera without using the changing bag.
    Unfortunately, narrowing down the problem further can truly be a waste of the film. Otherwise, perhaps open the plastic film canister in a bag, find a way to protect the leader and velvet area, and expose the canister to light. Then back into the bag to load the camera. Repeat protecting leader and one end of the can, then leader and the other end.
    Thank you, this is an excellent suggestion and I shall try it. It will use a few more rolls, but I have already used 12 to reach this tentative conclusion, and it would be satisfying to see if a definite conclusion can be reached. I quite accept people's concerns that this might not be light piping nor something wrong with the cassetes, but until someone carries out such tests, we can not be sure. It could be that the yellowing in different batches has different causes - in some batches it could be old film, in others another problem, whether bad cassettes or something entirely different.
    Last edited by wlodekmj; 09-28-2013 at 08:12 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Corrected spelling and explained one remark.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The problem with trying to pinpoint the problem is that you will waste film in the process. If you are confident that loading in the changing bag will work, it may be better to stick to that unless the problem surfaces again. Experimentation would really quench curiosity, though, and perhaps give a definitive answer.
    Truzi

Shooter
    35mm
    ive proven this film is prone to light piping, i got it around the sprocket holes on my first roll i shot, interestingly, one frame had a spot of orange in the middle of the frame, yet it didnt near the edge. Anyway, those frames had no sign of yellowing what so ever.
    My second roll was loaded in near darkness, so will post the results once processed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yellow is occuring? Sometimes?........But are we talking mega nasty Puke yellow such as what I experienced with Maco/Rollei pcked film or just the little bit of yellow that is sometimes seen characteristic of Agfa slide films?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpenhause View Post
    Yellow is occuring? Sometimes?........But are we talking mega nasty Puke yellow such as what I experienced with Maco/Rollei pcked film or just the little bit of yellow that is sometimes seen characteristic of Agfa slide films?
    I think we are all talking about a really strong yellow cast. It looks somewhat like daylight film used under tungsten lighting, or photos shot on daylight film in daylight but through a deep yellow or tobacco filter. When this yellow cast is not present, the Aviphot films from Maco or Wittner show just a little yellow, as you say.

I have this yellow on rolls that have fogged sprocket holes on their first few frames, but also on rolls that do not have any fogging along the sprocket holes.

The Maco website now has a strongly worded warning about the risk of light piping on polyester films.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It would be great if the stuff was more trouble free. I'll miss Provia 400x a lot when it runs out and I can't buy more. But a 200 film is a great compromise. I've been shooting my remaining E100G and some Precisa-branded Provia 100 lately and it's often just too slow. Bright sunny day, walk into the wooded trails with my wife and dog - nope, 1/8th wide open on my 2.8 zoom. Another stop would be very welcome. (Ok, in that case it isn't really enough and I need at least two. Please Fuji, reconsider canceling Provia 400! /OT)

Shooter
    35mm
    I didnt know they stopped production of provia 400X!
    I havnt even tried that film yet, i take it its more grainy than provia 100, but from what i understand its still very fine grain considering its such a high speed reversal film. Some people seem to like its contrast better than provia 100, which is interesting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzoomed View Post
    I didnt know they stopped production of provia 400X!
    I havnt even tried that film yet, i take it its more grainy than provia 100, but from what i understand its still very fine grain considering its such a high speed reversal film. Some people seem to like its contrast better than provia 100, which is interesting.
    Unfortunately yes, it's canceled, but you can still find plenty of it. There are a couple of threads here about the cancelation, or at least one.

I bought 10 rolls right away and popped them in the freezer. I'm about to buy 10 more. I really like it. Yes, it's a bit grainy but not bad for a 400 slide film. And it's less contrasty than Provia 100 and just a great film for the speed.

All the E6 films I liked are gone - Astia, E100G/Elitechrome, and now Provia 400X. I can work with Provia 100 (just shot a roll of the rebranded Precisa version) but it's a bit too contrasty and a bit too slow for my tastes. I personally rarely need or want something like Velvia though it has legions of fans. I think I'll pick up a few rolls for fall colors though.

Shooter
    35mm
    Im the process of shooting a roll of wittner 200 rated at 400. Ill have the lab push it 1 stop and ill post some examples soon after that hopefully.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Shooter
    35mm
    and? how did the pushed images look?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin