Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,651   Online: 992

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 131718192021222324 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Haven't finished the roll yet. Im a slow shooter...

Shooter
    35mm
    Got my first roll of the Wittner Chrome 200D 35mm back from the lab today. This film isn't yellow at all, unlike the Rollei Digibase CR200. Even including shipping from Germany to the US, this film is not a bad price. Wittner Cinetec will be getting more of my business for this film. Shipping takes longer than from B&H, but that's expected since it has to come across the pond and then go through customs, then go via US mail instead of UPS.

Will probably project these tonight just to see how they look projected. Viewed directly they look nice and not at all puke yellow. Would love to see how they look pushed to 400.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well I projected them tonight. The Wittner Chrome 200D slides look nice, and not at all yellow like the Rollei Digibase CR200. Very neutral, and reminded me a lot of late 1980's Ektachrome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AAA007.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	672.7 KB 
ID:	80023

The contrast of this scan isn't quite like the side. It seems to be a bit lower in contrast than the slide, not much but enough to be noticeable. The Wittner Chrome is a nice, lowish contrast film that seems to be good for general picture taking. There's some nice dynamic range in this next one, although very little deep black, but it wasn't in the scene anyway, other than possibly the ducks' eyes. You won't get the inky blacks that you can with Velvia, and in some cases that's a Good Thing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AAA030.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	635.0 KB 
ID:	80024
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've dropped off the roll of Wittnerchrome that i exposed at 400ISO at the lab today. I should be able to post some scans by the end of this week and compare them against some shots taken on the same film that was dev'ed and exposed normally.. I'm quite interested to see how it will turn out. I think the grain might become a bit off-putting. The film is fresh from Wittner so i doubt there'll be any yellow cast. I wonder if there's any way of modifying the e6 developers to reduce grain?

Shooter
    35mm
    Very cool. Can't wait to see those scans to see how well it behaves when pushed 1 stop. I may just have a reasonably priced "400 speed" slide film in my toolbox if it works well!
    ME Super

Shoot more film.

Shooter
    35mm
    So I got the film and scanned it on my epson 4990 @ 2400dpi. Just a bit of spotting and sharpening. Might sound crazy but i think this film looks better underexposed and pushed by one stop. The grain is a touch more apparent but that's to be expected. For the price i think you really can't go wrong. Next stop, 800 iso and (gasp) 1600....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img035.jpg   img017.jpg   img033.jpg   img007.jpg   img001.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    And to compare, here are some examples of normal exposure and development. All these were shot on a Nikon FA with a 28mm 2.8ais using matrix metering, by the way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img046.jpg   img047.jpg   img065.jpg   img043.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks spatz for your test, but I like normal exposure more than under.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i guess i gotta roll a roll (?) and shot some of this film again. I did a test a year or so ago and just found the film to grainy and bland for me. and since you can get some slightly outdated rolls of provia 100 for about $20 more I decided to move on from it. but maybe its time to revisit it

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for sharing you results, spatz. Looks like there's a bit of a contrast bump in pushing one stop, but the results are less contrasty than pushing Provia 100F 2 stops, for sure. I also like the photo you took of the red wire spool at box speed and processed normally. It reminds me a bit of Kodachrome reds.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin