Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,859   Posts: 1,583,122   Online: 909

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Agfa RXS II 200 was released in 1996. And stayed in the range of Agfa "Professional" films until the end of the consumer division 2004/2005. Seemingly still alive as Aviphot Chrome in their non-consumer division.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I recently ordered some rolls of it in 120 to try it out, which I did last weekend. I am currently thinking about what lab to choose as those PET based films are said to be picky when it comes to developement and potential light leeks.

Concerning the color temperature: if you have Photoshop Elements (or a professional CS version) at hand, you can open TIF and JPG files as RAW files, which gives you a color temperature slider and a green/magenta slider for relative adjustments. It works quite well, albeit not as precisely as using RAW files (which allows for absolut color temperature adjustments). To do so, use the "open as" command in the file menu and change the file type drop down menu to the file extension you are going to open, e.g. JPG.

I have an AGFA RSX II IT8 target from W. Faust. Curious to see whether it does any good. But I'll probably have to wait at least a week for the developement of the film even when I send it out today.

Best wishes,
    Christian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Two years ago, I bought 20 rolls of CR 200 (35mm). It was a real disappointment that the slides came back with a strong yellow-green cast plus they were very grainy. Blaming it on the lab I went to another lab, same result. Since then they are sitting in my fridge. It looks almost like a cross processed color neg film. I will try one in C-41.
    All my slides are for projection, 35mm and MF.
    Best regards,
    Siegi

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StorminMatt View Post
    I actually finally got around to shooting a roll of Rollei Digibase CR200 a few weeks back. I had somewhat high hopes for this film, since I have heard that it is probably the closest E6 to Kodachrome. But the slides I got back were quite yellow. This seems to be rather common with this film, and is supposedly the result of the film being intended for aerial photography. But I couldn't find anything in terms of what people are doing to correct this yellow cast. Might some sort of cooling filter work? And if anyone has actually found a filter that corrects this yellow cast, what specific filter was it that you used?
    Can also be from the process itself not being within aim values of the control strips.

Shooter
    35mm

Digibase ES slide film

Attached are 5 images all scanned at 72dpi and preset to give a 5x7 inch print, but the smaller sunset one with the single tree was set to give an A3 print and small section taken from close to the centre. There has been no corrections made on the images after scanning they are what there is there

The film was processed using the times I put on this thread earlier and I personally don't think that they are too 'warm' or yellow. Yes, there is still grain especially on the sectioned A3 print but I don't think it is too objectionable - what do you think?

I will say they are MUCH better when projected, you always loose some quality when scanning.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img033.jpg   img026.jpg   img032.jpg   img036.jpg   img040.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi everybody!

The results are finally in!

I packaged my 100 foot roll of Agfa Aviphot 200 E-6 color slide film 35mm, I got 20 36 exposure rolls with lots of frames leading and trailing to take care of the fiber optic type "Light Piping" characteristic of Agfa's Polyester base films.

The two test rolls shot look absolutely wonderful! Just like the former Agfa RSX II 200 slide film, with just a touch of warmth bias charateristic of the much beloved Agfa slide films, I am not seeing any grain per se, just great color slide film with excellent color rendition.

Shame on Maco.de for packaging rotten damaged yellow color slide film from AGFA! Shame on the folks at Lomography for packaging and selling rotten yellow damaged color film from Agfa!
    Shame on all the other vendors that are in "Denial" about selling Rollei CR-200 and Lomography X-pro 200 as being a neutral color rendering slide film! I would say Freestyle Photo in Hollywood is one of the most in denial about their "Yellow" Rollei CR-200 slide film, But Oh! they will give you a refund if you are not satisfied! Really useful after spending 10 bucks to get this bad roll developed! Really helpful!

Wittner-Cinetec in Germany who has packaged FRESH, not old crappy yellow Agfa Aviphot 200 Chrome E-6 slide film from Agfa Belgium in 35mm X 100 foot rolls is a true hero for those of us that crave real and fresh AGFA RSX II 200 ASA color slide film.

This film looks absolutely fabulous! I had mine processed by a local lab that does E-6 with the Refrema "Dip and Dunk" system.

Perhaps we could get Wittner-Cinetec to cut and roll us some 120 film? Meanwhile if you want 120 film you can get "Puke Yellow" agfa slide film from Maco/Rollei or the Lomography people, Bleah!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpenhause View Post
    Hi everybody!

The results are finally in!

I packaged my 100 foot roll of Agfa Aviphot 200 E-6 color slide film 35mm, I got 20 36 exposure rolls with lots of frames leading and trailing to take care of the fiber optic type "Light Piping" characteristic of Agfa's Polyester base films.

The two test rolls shot look absolutely wonderful! Just like the former Agfa RSX II 200 slide film, with just a touch of warmth bias charateristic of the much beloved Agfa slide films, I am not seeing any grain per se, just great color slide film with excellent color rendition.

Shame on Maco.de for packaging rotten damaged yellow color slide film from AGFA! Shame on the folks at Lomography for packaging and selling rotten yellow damaged color film from Agfa!
    Shame on all the other vendors that are in "Denial" about selling Rollei CR-200 and Lomography X-pro 200 as being a neutral color rendering slide film! I would say Freestyle Photo in Hollywood is one of the most in denial about their "Yellow" Rollei CR-200 slide film, But Oh! they will give you a refund if you are not satisfied! Really useful after spending 10 bucks to get this bad roll developed! Really helpful!

Wittner-Cinetec in Germany who has packaged FRESH, not old crappy yellow Agfa Aviphot 200 Chrome E-6 slide film from Agfa Belgium in 35mm X 100 foot rolls is a true hero for those of us that crave real and fresh AGFA RSX II 200 ASA color slide film.

This film looks absolutely fabulous! I had mine processed by a local lab that does E-6 with the Refrema "Dip and Dunk" system.

Perhaps we could get Wittner-Cinetec to cut and roll us some 120 film? Meanwhile if you want 120 film you can get "Puke Yellow" agfa slide film from Maco/Rollei or the Lomography people, Bleah!
    So are you suggesting that this yellow cast is from old film?
    BMbikerider has lengthened his first developer to reduce the grain, but how can i tell my film lab to do this? Would this be equal to push/pull processing by 1/2 a stop? Im not sure.
    Im keen to get some fresh Rollei Digibase and shoot it myself.
    Did i also read somewhere here that you can shoot it at a lower film speed (100 ISO) and get finer grain?
    It looks a good film indeed, and Wittner-Cinetec are now selling it in super8 format! So i cant wait to shoot it.
    Is it possible for me to get some 35mm film packaged from them? Id love to shoot some in my Olympus XA3.
    It indeed looks the best alternative to kodachrome or E100G

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzoomed View Post
    So are you suggesting that this yellow cast is from old film?
    BMbikerider has lengthened his first developer to reduce the grain, but how can i tell my film lab to do this? Would this be equal to push/pull processing by 1/2 a stop? Im not sure.
    Im keen to get some fresh Rollei Digibase and shoot it myself.
    Did i also read somewhere here that you can shoot it at a lower film speed (100 ISO) and get finer grain?
    It looks a good film indeed, and Wittner-Cinetec are now selling it in super8 format! So i cant wait to shoot it.
    Is it possible for me to get some 35mm film packaged from them? Id love to shoot some in my Olympus XA3.
    It indeed looks the best alternative to kodachrome or E100G
    Hi Nzoomed, There are a lot of theories why Rollei/Maco CR-200 has this "Yellow-Green" color cast to it, personally I think the film was defective or damaged somewhere along the line before the end users purchased their film and had their film developed, some folks did in fact obtain CR-200 that peformed like a normal color slide film should.

Wittner-Cinetech customer service seemed a bit surprised when I contacted them about their Aviphot Chrome 200 35mm X 100' rolls regarding the color balance, they did in fact reassure me that the film they package does not have a
    "yellow" problem.

I certainly appreciate the contributions from everyone on this thread, including "Remedys" for removing the "Yellow", in the long run obtaining Agfa produced film from more responsible and honest film dealers is the better way to go, Rollei/Maco and Freestyle the main distributers of this "Yellow" film are reluctant to answer questions other than a money back guarantee, They know why their film they sell does this "Yellow" problem. It is nice to know all the other Agfa products they cut down and package are well received and enjoyed.

Currently Freestyle is out of all CR-200 film including the equivalent LomoGraphy Cross Pro film, perhaps they will test their next order from Rollei/Maco for that Yellow problem? I am sure these forum posts have caused Rollei/Maco some embarrasment and concern.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Can you guys stop messing around with comparisons and give us the true answer: is it the (ex-) RSXII or is it a completely different film?

I do have some IT8 calibration targets for RSXII, a film I loved, but I've never risked buying the CR200 since I thought it's a different thing. I hope someone clears this up for us once and for all?

Thanks in advance,
    Margus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Margus, CR-200 and the Lomography X-Pro 200 ASA slide film are made from Agfa Belgium AviPhot 200 Chrome film which is on a polyester base, I know this does not quite answer your question but for all intent and purposes the Aviphot 200 Chrome film looks and performs just like the original Agfa Leverkusen RSXII film. Purchasing this Agfa Aviphot film from a more reputable film packager makes a big difference lately, The Aviphot film only available in 35mm X 100' rolls from Wittner-Cinetec in Germany so far has proved to be nice film, proper color rendering, it looks just like my few 120 and 35mm RSXII film kept frozen that came from the Agfa Leverkusen factory.

Get your Agfa Aviphot 200 Chrome slide film from Wittner-Cinetec in Germany, It looks and performs just like RSXII but is on a polyester base, stay away from the Rollei/Maco CR-200 until people once again are obtaining rolls that do not have that awful yellow color cast to them. I Know, it is kind of an inconvenience to have to purchase a minimum of 100 feet of this slide film from Wittner-Cinetec but by the time you get 18 to 20 36 exposure rolls it is about $6.50 a roll, Fuji slide film is usually more than $10 per 36 exp roll.

For all intent and purposes the new film which is not really new at all, Agfa Belgium has made this material for many years seems to be RSXII coated on a different base, its color rendering and character are just too much like the original film from Leverkusen, in effect Both Agfa film factories made 200 ASA color slide film at the same time in years past, just different packaging, one kind to be sold to us 120 and 35mm users and the other for aviation camera use, The kind for aviation use is the only one left, this is not sold directly to the public unless you want to purchase a 1 meter wide by 2000 meter bulk roll, this bulk roll is what is purchased by Rollei/Maco and Wittner-Cinetec then cut down to 120 and 35mm sizes then sold to us.

Please don't take this as absolute truth, this info is just based on my research and experience and info and observations from other forum members, forum member AGX in Germany has provided a lot of great info, Agfa Belgium sometimes will answer questions as well.
    Last edited by Alpenhause; 06-11-2013 at 05:41 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin