Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,960   Posts: 1,558,253   Online: 1008

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One does not need a bulk loader. So far I have not used mine.
    Without bulk loader one also does not have to bother about fogging the end of film (the first part of film going into the cassette with a bulk loader).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You are right!

I had forgotten when I was a kid I would take a string that is the same length as a 24 exp or 36 exp roll into a dark room with scissors and tape and just stretch out the length needed cut it off and roll it into the cartridge.

Finding a couple of bulk loaders on ebay for $5 each kind of changed all that though.

You can still take the bulk loader in the dark room to pull out and cut off your just finished loaded cartridge and start your new one in the dark to avoid fog on the trailing end.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just had a look at ebay and there are 23 Bulk loaders for sale for $15.00 or less, I think bulk loaders have devaluated quite a bit, lots and lots of them for sale cheap, The cartridges? well, it is best to buy them new, Freestyle Photo in Hollywood has about the best deals going, they are about a buck each.

Bulk loader or using a string in the dark, Don't be afraid to "Roll Your Own"

Be sure and check with your favorite lab to be sure they are not afraid of "hand rolled" film, there are some labs that will just refuse to process "hand rolled" film because people have been known to hand roll 35mm color negative movie film, this stuff will ruin C-41 and E-6 chemistry in a heartbeat.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ok everyone, here is the response i got from Wittner Cinetec,
    He gave me permission to quote his email here, a very interesting read:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thank you for your message and thank you for the given link into the APUG
    forum.
    Very intersting discussions there!
    Unfortunately we are not allowed to participate on discussions about
    products of other suppliers.
    But I would like to express my gratitude to the members of this forum for
    inviting us so friendly to join in.
    We very much appreciate it!
    But indeed we are always open for suggestions or comments.
    I will discuss this issue with Mr. Wittner, if and how we maybe could become
    a member of your forum.

About Aviphot Chrome:
    The 35mm product was indeed a "side effect" on our way to make this stock
    available in the Super 8 and 16mm motion picture formats.
    We were in need to get experience how to treat Polyester base to make it
    capable of running through motion picture cameras without any problems.
    All our MP film stock was Acetate based in the past.
    To start with a bigger size (35mm) as a proven format seemed to us more
    secure, before moving to the smaller sizes.
    We have bought the two Buko film perforators from Efke / Croatia, after they
    stopped their production of Efke 35mm film.
    Those machines were used to perforate Polyester based film in the past - and
    were perfect for us to run first small batches.
    In the end, after doing some tests, we finished 36.000 ft in perfect
    quality. This product is available now in 1200ft and 100ft length to be used
    in 135 still film cameras.
    I fully understand your wish to obtain this stock in 135-36 film cartridges.
    I promise to ask Mr. Wittner for this kind of finished product. I will
    inform you as soon as I can, if there is a chance for such a production.

You are allowed to quote my lines (if my message is understandable due to my
    poor english) - if you desire.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact me again.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
    Best regards

Ingolf Joost
    Wittner Cinetec GmbH & Co. KG
    Beaulieu Deutschland
    Posso Deutschland
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shooter
    35mm
    Wonderful! Hopefully they can join APUG!

It's also good to know that not all the Efke machinery went for scrap and some if it is still being used. I really miss their KB50 and IR820.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am most pleased that we have companies around the world who still love film, Wittner-Cinetec is a great company.

I set up my "EktaJector" (Kodak Ektagraphic) and looked at my new Aviphot 200 Chrome slides and they look fabulous, did not see any grain to speak of...... Looks like great color slide film to me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    looks like im gonna need to get another coupled 100' rolls before they get to expensive.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpenhause View Post
    I am most pleased that we have companies around the world who still love film, Wittner-Cinetec is a great company.

I set up my "EktaJector" (Kodak Ektagraphic) and looked at my new Aviphot 200 Chrome slides and they look fabulous, did not see any grain to speak of...... Looks like great color slide film to me.
    I agree, they have been great to deal with, this will definitely be the next film i want to shoot once i run out of E100g, lets hope they package it in 135 format canisters, as i will be buying it from them if they do so.
    Thats also reassuring that you dont notice any grain, i expect it must have a fairly low grain to be used in s8 format.

I have told them that it would be great to get some correspondence from AGFA in regards to the problems with Rollei digibase CR200. This faulty film that Rollei has been selling is Tarnishing the reputation of AGFA, and this is something we dont need right now, i would hate to see their sales drop because people are avoiding the product.
    Wittner-Cinetec have a winner product here if they can package it into 135 format canisters.
    Last edited by Nzoomed; 06-15-2013 at 07:22 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Like Agx had mentioned, Agfa would probably show no interest in how their slide film is working out.

I would say that Maco/Rollei are to blame for the Yellow slide film, Agfa usually sells "Master" rolls to outfits like Maco/Rollei for Maco/Rollei to cut down to user sizes like 35mm or 120, I am thinking somehow the film was mishandled, stored in hot humid conditions, because really old outdated Agfa slide film that was stored badly often renders yellow slides, who knows, perhaps Agfa knowingly sold a bad master roll to Maco/Rollei?

One thing is for certain, Agfa and Maco/Rollei know what has gone wrong and just won't comment, How does that grab ya?

It is great that Wittner-Cinetec has taken the time and effort to make darn sure the master rolls they purchased directly from Agfa Belgium are properly aged and in proper working order to produce color slide and movie film that people will be very happy with, I would bet they have experienced a sharp upturn in sales of 35mm slide film just because of the posts on this forum. Rollei/Maco perhaps now are experiencing a big slump in sales of their CR-200 slide film, who is going to buy it anymore? I guess it will still be good as a "Cross-Process film in C-41 chemistry.

The Lomography folks should be concerned as well because they get their Aviphot Chrome 200 slide film from Rollei/maco as well but only really market it as a Cross-Process film.

Perhaps Wittner-Cinetec might have purchased some second hand machinery to package 35mm film into normal cartridges? Lots of used genuine Agfa production equipment from Leverkusen was sold to Adox and others, Maco/Rollei most likely has some of Agfa's film cutting and packaging equipment.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpenhause View Post
    Like Agx had mentioned, Agfa would probably show no interest in how their slide film is working out.

One thing is for certain, Agfa and Maco/Rollei know what has gone wrong and just won't comment, How does that grab ya?
    I doubt that Agfa knows about this.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin