Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,217   Posts: 1,532,151   Online: 1007

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    And..... Now for the "Word" from The fine folks at Lomography about their slide film being good, tested, working fine.

The LomoGraphy folks take this matter quite seriously and with great concern, they show their iron clad commitment to supplying great film.

Here are two emails from Georg Thaler in Vienna:

On 6/19/2013 2:16 PM, Georg Thaler wrote:

Hi Steven,

This is Georg, from Lomography Vienna, nice to meet you! I'm responsible for the film purchasing here at Lomography’s headquarters. Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

Frankly spoken, the ‘yellow’ problem you describe in your Email when having our Xpro films processed in E-6 is new to me. Plenty of our clients are using this films and currently chasing us for resupply as we are low on stock (or sold out) at the moment. Anyways, to be on the safe side we will do some spot tests of our Xpro stock (both types 135 & 120 film) and we will inform you about the outcome. If the outcome is as yellow as you describe, we will of course inform our customers.

Hope you understand that I cannot disclose the source of our color slide film as this is against our company's policy. I will do my very best to make sure that no defective slide film batches can reach mass market.

Should you have any further requests, please do not hesitate to get back to me.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Georg

Georg Thaler

Product Management

International Marketing & Communication

Beschreibung: Beschreibung: Beschreibung: Lomography Logo

Lomographische AG

Hollergasse 41

1150 Vienna - Austria

Tel: +43189944-675

Fax: +43189944-22

Hello Steven

Thanks for your feedback! It’s fine for us to post our comment on APUG.

As you can imagine it’s not getting easier to get good slide film, bit we are trying our best here to supply fine material. And as mentioned by you, there are different batches out there on market, we can only find out any issues by doing spot tests. I’ve already arranged the tests, we should have a better picture about this very soon. All our films are stored properly, you can assume that inappropriate stock keeping is not an issue with us. Our customers process the Xpro more often in C-41 but we also get plenty of positive feedback when processed in E-6, so the ‘yellow problem’ was quite new to me. Anyway, we are thankful for any feedback and if there is anything we can do to improve our customer’s satisfaction, we will go for it!

Reg. our new LomoChrome – we are currently finishing the films with full speed and everything is on track for delivery in July as stated in our communication. We also cannot wait to get the more of this special film. ;-)

Thank you & Best Regards from Vienna

Georg

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpenhause View Post
    Hope you understand that I cannot disclose the source of our color slide film as this is against our company's policy.
    Since the CR200 I bought from Macodirect was labeled AGFA/Rollei CR200 on the can, and "Lomography X-Pro/Slide" on the backing paper/wrapping tape I think this point is moot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic amateur View Post
    Since the CR200 I bought from Macodirect was labeled AGFA/Rollei CR200 on the can, and "Lomography X-Pro/Slide" on the backing paper/wrapping tape I think this point is moot.
    I find it funny that there's such a universal code of nondisclosure when films are private-labelled, even though the information is almost always an "open secret" and often overtly revealed like this. I mean, I could understand if the agreements were actually taken seriously throughout---but when you have this sort of dual labelling on the product itself, what is the point supposed to be?

Anyway, it would be interesting to know if the Lomography folks see any prospect of a slower-speed version of their film. Leaving aside any explicit identification of the source, maybe you can just tell them "I looked at the film and I thought it would look even better if there were a version that was ASA 50, wink wink nudge nudge"...

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yep, The Lomography folks don't really want to say where their film comes from but once you look at the product it is quite obvious of its origin.

It still might be a crap shoot if your rolls are going to be OK seeing that they are indeed from Maco/Rollei, probably be a good idea to shoot and develop just one to see how it turns out, if it is good and the rest of them have the same lot number they most likely will be good as well.

Based on what we have learned so far it would seem the Maco/Rollei product is the one that is risky.....

Now it begs the question if the "yellow" film was that that sat on dealer shelves far too long......

It is a good thing the Lomography folks are looking into this "Yellow" problem, their pride in the product is really good so we can count on them for good slide film

Shooter
    35mm
    Yep, The Lomography folks don't really want to say where their film comes from but once you look at the product it is quite obvious of its origin.

It still might be a crap shoot if your rolls are going to be OK seeing that they are indeed from Maco/Rollei, probably be a good idea to shoot and develop just one to see how it turns out, if it is good and the rest of them have the same lot number they most likely will be good as well.

Based on what we have learned so far it would seem the Maco/Rollei product is the one that is risky.....

Now it begs the question if the "yellow" film was that that sat on dealer shelves far too long......

It is a good thing the Lomography folks are looking into this "Yellow" problem, their pride in the product is really good so we can count on them for good slide film
    Yes thats good news that Lomography are looking into it, i sure as hell wont be buying the Rollei product until there is solid evidence its sorted, we can be assured that Wittner-Cinetec's product is reliable, and if lomography stand by theirs thats also good news.

I am going to be shooting some of Wittner's film in the next month or so, so i will keep everyone updated and post sample shots here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here is the latest from Georg Thaler from Lomography in Vienna, They are finishing their newest batch of 35mm and 120 ASA 200 color slide film "X-Pro Slide 200"

Hi Steven

Thanks for your reply.

We are about to kick off finishing process for new 135 and 120 X-Pro film very soon, I’m expecting to have new stock ready for the market within some weeks, I’m afraid I cannot give you a very accurate date right now. Reg. your request where we pack those films – I cannot disclose detailed info, but let me tell you we are doing this with a very close fellow company, it’s more or less like our own factory.

I will get back to you reg. the supposed ‘yellow’ problem soon, our staff in all of our regions has already started with the tests.

Thank you very much & Have a nice weekend!!

Best Regards,

Georg

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

lomographic society international

hollergasse 41

1150 vienna

austria

+43189944675

georg.thaler@lomography.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Here is the latest from Georg Thaler from Lomography in Vienna, They are finishing their newest batch of 35mm and 120 ASA 200 color slide film "X-Pro Slide 200"

Hi Steven

Thanks for your reply.

We are about to kick off finishing process for new 135 and 120 X-Pro film very soon, I’m expecting to have new stock ready for the market within some weeks, I’m afraid I cannot give you a very accurate date right now. Reg. your request where we pack those films – I cannot disclose detailed info, but let me tell you we are doing this with a very close fellow company, it’s more or less like our own factory.

I will get back to you reg. the supposed ‘yellow’ problem soon, our staff in all of our regions has already started with the tests.

Thank you very much & Have a nice weekend!!

Best Regards,

Georg

lomographic society international

hollergasse 41

1150 vienna

austria

+43189944675

georg.thaler@lomography.com

Its also very interesting to see that Lomography are suppling this and colour negative films in the 110 format!
    If anything is going to keep colour film going strong, i think lomography is playing a big part in it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is kind of interesting that Lomography seems to have a very close working relationship with Maco/Rollei but won't really comment, Remember! "Seems" is the word I am emphasizing here so don't rush to conclusions, LOL!

Would it be a safe bet to assume Maco/Rollei is now quite aware of the "Yellow" problem?

Oh, Hey! let's see if FreestylPhoto.biz in Hollywood has received its newest shipment of "CR-200", Perhaps some FreestylePhoto employees are taking a roll or two for a test drive?

Shooter
    35mm
    It is kind of interesting that Lomography seems to have a very close working relationship with Maco/Rollei but won't really comment, Remember! "Seems" is the word I am emphasizing here so don't rush to conclusions, LOL!

Would it be a safe bet to assume Maco/Rollei is now quite aware of the "Yellow" problem?

Oh, Hey! let's see if FreestylPhoto.biz in Hollywood has received its newest shipment of "CR-200", Perhaps some FreestylePhoto employees are taking a roll or two for a test drive?
    Perhaps they do, but if so they probably havnt done anything about it unless we see all the new stocks of CR-200 perform properly.
    Either way, a master roll is a large amount of film, what i want to know is if the master roll was faulty from AGFA, or if the film that Rollei bought from AGFA was stored incorrectly at some point?
    I tend to think the problem was in the stock purchased from AGFA, i dont think it would be a faulty master roll, or else Wittner would have been experiencing the same problems with the yellowing.
    The good news is that the demand of this film will have increased if Lomography and Wittner-Cinetec are now buying it, that means that AGFA will continue supplying the film as long as there is the demand for it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Here's an update on Wittner-Cinetec's site http://translate.google.co.nz/transl...13.php&act=url

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin