Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,827   Posts: 1,582,084   Online: 926

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just for a record: I made another batch of Tetenal e6. From a stock bought same time with previous.

No problems. 7:00 first dev gave really nice densities (Fuji Sensia), just as it should!

After all there was something wrong with my another Tetenal kit. I don't know should I dump it or try to increase dev time +20% or so to compensate dark results?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Usagi View Post
    After all there was something wrong with my another Tetenal kit. I don't know should I dump it or try to increase dev time +20% or so to compensate dark results?
    Unless you are willing to do many experiments with test clips, you'd better dump the bad chems. E6 first dev is not just some b&w dev, it's a carefully designed and balanced soup which makes sure all three color layers are developed correctly. Even if you achieve proper overall density in your slides with longer dev times, there is no reason why just by coincidence the colors should all be correct.

Look at the chrome brew thread started by stefan4u about E6 home brewing. From reading it I conclude that FD and CD are nontrivial soups.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is the tetenal E6 still available in other countries? I sure can't find it in the USA.

It's use is probably very similar to other 3 bath kits.

The only one I can find in the USA is arista.

Does anyone know the quality of the arista kit's? How close are they to kodak's original?

I found the link to the arista E6 kit: http://www.freestylephoto.biz/pdf/ms..._rapid_e_6.pdf

Seems to me that they are able to omit a lot of stuff.

thanks
    Last edited by cinejerk; 03-04-2012 at 10:08 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cinejerk View Post
    Is the tetenal E6 still available in other countries? I sure can't find it in the USA.
    The have their reps mostly spread over EU but also list an overseas contact.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin