Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,482,981   Online: 822

Shooter
    35mm

E6 chemistry for hobbyist still available?

Hi, are these still available? It appears I can only find C41 kits or the E6 in large quantities. I live in New Zealand, so postal is going to be too expensive and I don't shoot a truck load. Saves me sending to them to the USA for development and back again.

Cheers.

Shooter
    35mm
    You should be able to get 1 & 5 litre Tetenal C41/E-6 kits locally, Lacklands in Auckland http://lacklands.co.nz are the distributor. Vanbar in Australia sell them too.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for that. I sent them an email. I have rung around the country incl Photo and Video (in Christchurch) and they say cannot get them. By the way, these 1L Tetenals, they need to be mixed right? How many rolls can they do? I am only a small amateur here

Shooter
    35mm
    Yep, developer is 3 parts at ~38 degrees, blix is 2 parts at the same temp.

Can get 15-20 rolls from a litre, only mix up what you need though (if your tank is 500ml say, blix is prone to oxidizing). After the first 5 rolls extend your dev time by 15 seconds, add 2 minutes to your blix (the manual has all this). This is for c41 btw.

E-6 kits are a similar deal.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for - I got a email from the supplier, need to make a special order which they do 2 or 3 orders per year but at a cost of $200 kiwibucks. Rather import it myself from EU. It's also more than sending film to the US and back :lol: B&H still sell Tetenal C41 Press Kits, so that might be useful with my last 10x C41 I have here. Maybe next time when I buy some film from them.

After that I would probably not shoot much C41, more a E6 type.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When there is only one option available (arista) and it's very expensive, I would say there are no E6 kits anymore.
    I just can't see buying all those many gallons of chemicals for a hobby. Just doesn't make any sense.
    If anyone has another option in the US please let me know.

Shooter
    35mm
    the arista isn't that expensive. i mean i wish it was cheaper too but if you can get the gallon it's just about $1.15 a roll which is about as cheap as anything color

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There is also another option -Contact Matt from AG photographic in the UK (who is also a supporter of this forum). He may be able to organise something for you.

BTW, B&H probably won't ship the chems overseas.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin