Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,194   Online: 997

Shooter
    Medium Format

A miscommunication at the lab ? or just bad cross processing ?

Ok so i cant process E-6 since my chemistry died and food, rent and travel [sadly] became a priority, so once i had shot my roll of Kodak EB i dropped it off at my local lab. I took it in with a roll of lomo x-pro and clearly said "process the x-pro in c-41 and the EB in E6" because frankly cross processing elitechrome seems like such a waste.

However today i picked up my negs and my scans and something has gone tremendously wrong, the x-pro has the whacked out colours and what not that i was hoping for for a bit of photos in bars that are all fun but the EB has come back virtually unusable, a spectacularly heavy pink cast and negative not transparency.

So before i go to the lab and firebomb them {not really} could anything else have caused this ? I kept it in the fridge and my camera has good light seals, what went wrong ?

see the attached scan for the extent of the destruction.

thanks
    Samuel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I believe the earth has been experiencing massive solar flares recently. Did you have a protective filter on your lens?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Annoyingly i did actually have a UV filter on at the time, i guess i was just unlucky 36 times

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Perhaps they developed it in C-41 first and then E-6 : )

I haven't ever experienced anything like your results with XP. Were you inside an MRI machine that was being X-Rayed?
    -----------------------

Segedi.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Since it came out a neg (borders not heavy black, streetlights are) then it was cross-processed. Slap 'em.

Edit: you could try scanning it as a negative. It will be wacky and require a lot of adjustments.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin