Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,960   Online: 777

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Here is some of the results i got today ...
    http://krifartida.blogspot.com

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's a bummer that they had this kind of attitude.

If it means anything though, I looked at the sample you uploaded and unless you told me what was wrong with it, at the level of resolution available in the upload I would have never guessed any of the problems, honestly.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Me too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by krifartida View Post
    My cats say the same thing
    So did my dog!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    yeah, ri is pretty small ... but still would take less time for you
    to go to dorian, than me

maybe they have a courier service work with them.
    it might be worth asking ... "dispatching" your film might cost a few dollars extra
    but not as much as selling your film gear for pennies on the dollar and getting scan backs ...
    i would have to send mine fed-ex or priority which would be even more of a PITA
    so i have decided if it isn't 35mm color i am shooting to coffee-process everything
    and get a b/w image out of it that i can do the hybrid thing .... or just use the nikon i have
    which gives me a pretty dense image ...
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you don't mind sending the film to the Midwest, I have seen film and prints that come out of this place and can recommend them: http://labwork-bw.com/main.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is utterly baffling to me why people go to all the trouble and spending to shoot film and then continue to try and use walk in labs that hose their film. I would simply never do that, can not afford to when it pays my bills. I shoot 120 / 220 color neg for special projects, I simply send it out to Dwayne's one state over via my FedEx account, write it all off on my taxes....

Stop wasting your time, use the mail in system and use a good lab, end of story. You live in Boston for Pete's sake, can you not use one of several good labs in NYC?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    It is utterly baffling to me why people go to all the trouble and spending to shoot film and then continue to try and use walk in labs that hose their film. I would simply never do that, can not afford to when it pays my bills. I shoot 120 / 220 color neg for special projects, I simply send it out to Dwayne's one state over via my FedEx account, write it all off on my taxes....

Stop wasting your time, use the mail in system and use a good lab, end of story. You live in Boston for Pete's sake, can you not use one of several good labs in NYC?
    I've only used Color Services once, and my film came back okay. Color Tek really screwed up the last set of sheets I sent--weird spots all over the film, completely unusable, but fortunately nothing real important I couldn't do over. Dorian not much better. I gave them some quickloads and got streaks from the little hole in the sheet. Dorian only runs C-41 a couple of times a week. I may be going back to Praus on my next batch. I've used them before.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin