Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,049   Posts: 1,561,085   Online: 765

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    B&H says the Tetenal 1-liter kit is discontinued, so the only option now is the Arista kit.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The tetenal kits may still be available in europe. I don't know if that's just some remaining stock or what. But that's not going to help here in the US.
    Actually cambridge camera still has them on their web site.
    I ordered one just to see what would happen.
    Checked with them today and they said they were waiting to hear from their importer.
    I don't think there is much hope.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Guess I should have paid more attention to your name and picture. Obviously a cine person. I never did my own reversal 8mm because of lack of a good tank and reel. Out of curiosity do you have a tank/reel that takes 25 or 100 feet?

mts
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Citrazinic acid: I am continue to use my 1# supply purchased way back when, when Kodak Organics was still in business. I suspect it is available as reagent somewhere, but expect it to be expensive and require a commercial license to purchase.

HQ monosulfate isn't available anywhere that I could find it, but PE contributed to a thread recently on making it in solution. Crystalizing from solution is evidently not practical. I have used with some success alternative formulations for E-6 based on MPQ (metol-phenidone-hydroquinone) that can be made to work quite well, but will not duplicate the official processing.
    By denying the facts, any paradox can be sustained--Galileo

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The Fuji 5L kit is excellent and still available.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    IC I have a 50 foot reel tank. Wish I had 100 ft though ;-)

Thanks MTS. Great at least if I find some citrizinic it should have a good shelf life.
    Do you remember PE's thread on converting the hydroquinone? My searches have found anything yet.

Polyglot who distributes the fuji kits in the USA?

thanks guys
    Last edited by cinejerk; 02-20-2012 at 12:30 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Shooter
    35mm
    This Link could be interesting, in my next holidays I'll give it a try...
    http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4366234.pdf

Regards,
    Stefan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You'll probably have to get it shipped from Europe, but it's still much cheaper ($120+shipping for 50 rolls capacity) than buying bulk professional chemistry and having most of it go off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin