Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,709   Online: 705

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF

advice needed on c-41 chem

Freestyle has arista, unicolor and rollei kits, which is best as far as quality of the negs?
    Multum egerunt, qui ante nos fuerunt, sed non peregedunt.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    forgot to mention, I am using jobo cpe and 35mm film, if that makes any difference.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have not used any of them however, plan to order either the Rollei kit or the Kodak kit from Photographers' Formulary. The reason is I don't think using Blix is as good (in those other kits) as the original Kodak method. Shipping cost ways in favor of Freestyle. I would of thought that you could find something local in Chicago but things are different now. Good Luck.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Kodak kit from the Formulary is excellent, as well as the Rollei kit. A separate bleach/fix is generally preferred over a blix. In any case, it's also recommended to add a stabilizer on the end. I use PE's mix with formalin and photo-flo http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/7...er-e6-c41.html. Found 37% formalin cheap from a pet store (it's used to treat fish parasites).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kerne View Post
    The Kodak kit from the Formulary is excellent, as well as the Rollei kit. A separate bleach/fix is generally preferred over a blix. In any case, it's also recommended to add a stabilizer on the end. I use PE's mix with formalin and photo-flo http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/7...er-e6-c41.html. Found 37% formalin cheap from a pet store (it's used to treat fish parasites).
    stabilizer isn't needed for new c41 films, only older c41 films which would be long expired by now, I have been mixing my own (formalin isn't healthy for you btw).

regarding which is kit better, do a search here, it's been discussed to death.
    the formulary kit isn't that cost effective if you use it with the listed capacity. I use the rollei 50 roll kit in my jobo.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    the formulary kit isn't that cost effective if you use it with the listed capacity. I use the rollei 50 roll kit in my jobo.
    If I may ask, where do you get the rollei 50 roll kit?
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    thank you all for the input, I did read other threads as well, just wanted to know what is the current preference.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    yep, it is a shame that even Helix Camera are down to 4 devs from Kodak, and only for B&W

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have only used the Unicolor kit in my Jobo CPP2 and the results were excellent.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    If I may ask, where do you get the rollei 50 roll kit?
    freestlyle photo but there are other sources for it as well.

http://www.google.com/search?q=rolle...ient=firefox-a
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin