Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,886   Online: 1165

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The C41 press powder kit is sold under three names, Jobo, Tetenal and Unicolor. Try google, it will also bring up some old threads here.
    Bob

Shooter
    35mm
    cant find anything which is why I came here looking for a solid answer but I guess im terrible at googling and searching for the right answer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have developed 18 rolls in one go with one Unicolor (should be the same) kit once. No problems and no additional time. I stopped there as I didn't want to push my luck too far.

Shooter
    35mm
    wow 18 rolls?!?! And no issues with color and the image came out fine? Are you using 35mm film or 120, I ask because I plan on using 120. Thanks for your response

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My experience with Tetenal liquid is that it exhausts about when it says it will. Convert that to square inches of emulsion if you process differing formats. Extending dev life by extending dev time has proven unpredictable for me and, since most of my shots cannot be revisited, I throw out the processing chemicals, dev and blix, after very conservative use. The 'stabilizer' seems to last much longer. If residues form in the chemicals, you can filter with pre-rinsed coffee filters once, maybe twice. Chemicals are cheaper than disappointment.
    [FONT="Arial"][/FONT]John Weinland

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I use the JOBO C41 press kit from B&H. I develop 30 4x5 sheets maximum (as per specifications) in 3 batches of 10 in a Jobo 3010 drum. I never use the chemistry more than the recommended max quantity of film. I've tested my process with control strips before the first negatives, during the middle batch, and after the last batch of film was processed. There is a detectible drop in densitometric measures (i.e., densities moving closer to control limits), but still under control by the end. My negs are too important (really too expensive) for me to experiment with stretching it any further

Hope this helps.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One 36 exposure roll of 35mm film equals one roll of 120 roll film. 80 square inches in both cases. Some people I've talked with have gone over 20 rolls from one 1 litre kit. I wouldn't take it that far. I mean, how much are new chemicals worth compared to "a lost moment in time?" Also, them like me did all the processing in one go. My theory is that temperature cycling the chemicals will reduce the capacity/longevity. I have no scientific data on this, just a feeling. When temp cycling the kit, I stopped reusing it at around 10 rolls. Tetenal/Unicolour say it will do 8 rolls (35mm or 120 doesn't matter - see above) but according to most users, 12 to 15 rolls is still safe even if temp cycling.

And to answer your original question: no, no increase in dev time was used.
    Last edited by Trasselblad; 03-05-2012 at 01:37 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    thanks for your response just what I was looking for. To fully understand though, what do you mean by temp cycling? ive never heard of that term before

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Temp cycling is heating to processing temp and letting it cool to room temp.
    Bob

Shooter
    35mm
    awesome thank you all!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin