Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,671   Posts: 1,481,796   Online: 1072

Shooter
    Medium Format

Arista e6 kit question

I was looking into getting this kit. I read the pdf and one thing is sort of catching me off guard. If you buy the 1 pint kit it gives you a total of 472ml of liquid to work with at each stage. I use a patterson universal tank and I usually develop with 600ml of liquid. I believe the minimum is 500ml. I shoot 120 film.

Does anyone in here use the kit for 120mm film? If so how do you deal with the above?

And lastly I know that once the chemical is mixed it has a short shelf life. If I were to buy the gallon kit and mix a little at a time how long would the unmixed chemical last on the shelf?

Shooter
    35mm
    You only need ~400mL to cover 120 film.

Haven't used Arista but the blix in these kits is prone to oxidisation.

Maybe 3-4 months. Probably more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A metal reel in a metal tank can use 400ml. Most plastic tanks like the Paterson use more. That's why I prefer my metal tank. The Arista kit numbers are a bit wonky. You can stretch the pint kit to about 500ml without much trouble. Even if it doesn't quite cover the reel, you could always keep the tank horizontal and roll it for complete coverage.

The last batch of half used E6 chem I had lasted almost a year properly stored with the bottles topped off with a bit of canned air. The Rollei C41 kit on the other hand oxidized within a few months.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin