Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,950   Posts: 1,585,944   Online: 956

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Kodachrome, alex webb...

So no one is processing kodachrome, while i still have a few rolls left in the fridge.... any creative ideas what I can do with them...
    It's Alex Webb's favorite film, what does he use now?? anyone knows?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can still process it as b&w.

Shooter
    35mm
    I personally am saving my leftover Kodachrome on the slim chance that SOMEBODY might be able to process it at some time in the future as it was MEANT to be processed (K14). I DO realize the chances of this are rather slim. But I'm not going to try to do something 'creative' with it for a couple of reasons. First, if I want B+W, the fact is that conventional B+W film will give me better results pretty much every time. If you want B+W slides (which is what I presume many might think of using Kodachrome for), you're certainly going to get better results buying something like Tri-X, FP4+, TMAX, or Delta 100 and having it processed by dr5. The same goes for B+W film processed in the conventional way for negatives. So I'm just going to sit on it while going with better alternatives. And secondly, on the slim chance that someone DOES start offering K14 processing in the future, I would certainly like to have a few rolls of Kodachrome laying around to shoot (which I didn't waste doing something that could be done better with available film and processing).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is a guy on APUG, A_Caver, who is experimenting with a form of color processing for Kodachrome. It's promising...

Or, you could go to the extreme measures outlined in this patent to separate the color layers -> http://www.google.com/patents?id=0UJ...page&q&f=false

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm also keeping my spare Kodachrome in the freezer for the same reasons as StorminMatt.

TBH, I'm not optimistic that any K-14 processing will be successfully resurrected, certainly not to the original standards of quality. But, at worst, there may be something "experimental" appear which could be more interesting that just using the film for B&W, with possibly unrealiable quality of the results.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The film is prbably worth more as a silver reclaim, then anything else.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My 1 last roll of Kodakchrome (was a 200 version, 35mm cassette) has joined the last K roll of double 8mm movie film, and sundry mailers to Canadian Kodak Labs, in my display cabinet.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dxphoto View Post
    So no one is processing kodachrome, while i still have a few rolls left in the fridge.... any creative ideas what I can do with them...
    It's Alex Webb's favorite film, what does he use now?? anyone knows?
    Alex is shooting with a digital Leica now. He has a new body of work shot with that Leica that can be seen here - http://blog.leica-camera.com/leica-a...bb-in-chicago/

I love Alex's work (kind of like if Lee Friedlander had become a photojournalist) and his book "The Suffering of Light" is absolutely beautiful...but looking at this new work, I can't help but lament that oh-so-digital looking color palette.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Alex is a friend of mine, I love his work on Kodachrome, especially from Instanbull and Cuba. I will see him this June so I will ask him what he is using, but I am willing to bet it is an M9...I have used it on jobs...it's no Kodachrome 200 and never will be...
    "I'm the freak that shoots film. God bless the freaks!" ~ Mainecoonmaniac ~

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    Alex is a friend of mine, I love his work on Kodachrome, especially from Instanbull and Cuba. I will see him this June so I will ask him what he is using, but I am willing to bet it is an M9...I have used it on jobs...it's no Kodachrome 200 and never will be...
    Tell him to start using film again, those shots looked extremely boring compared to his work on film and that made me sad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin