Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,808   Posts: 1,581,511   Online: 1059

Shooter
    Medium Format

Color processing question

I have been reading about developing color film at home off and on for about a week now. I stumbled on one article/thread that said certain films need longer processing than others. I don't remember if it was Fuji Films need X % longer or what. I was hoping someone in here could chime in before I go crazy trying to find the article.

BTW I bought an e6 kit that I plan to utilize once I finish using up the ten rolls of E6 film I have

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by shuttershane View Post
    I have been reading about developing color film at home off and on for about a week now. I stumbled on one article/thread that said certain films need longer processing than others. I don't remember if it was Fuji Films need X % longer or what. I was hoping someone in here could chime in before I go crazy trying to find the article.

BTW I bought an e6 kit that I plan to utilize once I finish using up the ten rolls of E6 film I have
    You didn't state which kit you got but if it's a liquid concentrate you could try mixing only half the kit for 500ml of soup. This would allow you to process 5-6 rolls of 135 or 120 film. If you only use 135 film, you could even mix only 250 ml for 2-3 rolls.

I have seen numerous references which suggest slightly higher times for Fuji, but let's be honest: you won't have a repeatable process anyway, since you most likely use hand inversion tank, where the pouring of liquid takes time and the temperature won't be 100% accurate. Therefore I'd recommend you stick to the instructions which came with your kit and only make changes to the process if you see room for improvement in your results.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sorry about that. I got the Arista E-6 kit from freestyle

I have 10 rolls of Fuji Astia that I plan to process with the kit (120)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin