Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,316   Posts: 1,536,708   Online: 932

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    $50 regulator on 250 PSI tank ... are you nuts? Here we classify that as a pipe bomb.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I said you can buy one, I use a small Victor oxygen regulator on the 250 psi tank and have a few used nice chromed L-TEC two stage ones in my shop for nitrogen and oxygen. And those $50 regulators are rated for 2200psi for oxygen and can be used with nitrogen or argon, just change the bottle fitting.

http://www.princessauto.com/pal/prod.../CO2-Regulator $80 not on sale in Canada

In the US,

http://www.harborfreight.com/regulator-gauge-94841.html Inert gas on sale for $34

You don't need a $400+ chromed lab/medical grade two stage high flow rate regulator for nitrogen in a shop.

http://www.harborfreight.com/oxygen-...tor-94846.html Oxygen as well, same price.

If they start to leak, and every one of them will no matter the price or maker, just replace them as it's cheaper than getting a brand name one rebuilt. And they will all leak eventually, the bigger problem is most welding shops in the US won't rebuild any of them.
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They won't rebuild them because of the liability however, if you bring them in to adapt or change the fitting, no problems. Never had one that needed to be rebuilt but then again, they would not of got a lot of use from me. One used commercially may be different.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Another option for storage are recycled wine box bladders. I mix 5-liters at a time and there is no introduced air for the life of the batch. Works great.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just use medium, smaller and even smaller brown glass bottles with some plastic bag material below the cap. A batch mixed early November last year worked fine this week, replenished as per Kodak's instructions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    According to my experience -- even two years without any problem! Stored in a PET bottle with air squeezed out at room temperature (23 deg C).

I have had the opened concentrate go bad, but never the working solution, which is quite funny.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would have to agree!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hrst View Post
    According to my experience -- even two years without any problem! Stored in a PET bottle with air squeezed out at room temperature (23 deg C).

I have had the opened concentrate go bad, but never the working solution, which is quite funny.
    Could it be due to oxygen in the concentrate bottle after opening?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    IMHO, yes.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    IMHO, yes.

PE
    If one were to use Nitrogen, in the concentrate, after opening, it would last longer?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin