Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,008   Posts: 1,524,575   Online: 1015

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I purge my concentrate bottles with nitrogen after I remove enough to mix one or two liters and they seem to last at least 8 months or so after opening. I had one croak, but there was only enough left in it for a liter of developer and it had been opened and purged multiple times. The part B turned an ugly black, guess I didn't do a good job on purging that little bottle. This was a set packaged in 2007, week 29 and the source for the test bottle mentioned above. It would have been opened in mid 2009. I forgot to record that date.

Factory sealed they are ok for two years according to Kodak, pretty sure they keep at least three years or maybe longer.

I had a set packaged in 2008, the part B was still good, but the part C bottle had been jammed into a nail in the back of the storage cabinet at some point in time and most of that bottle was in the bottom of the zip lock bag I keep each set in. That set was disposed of the other day. The nail has been neutered as well.

The part A of that set was slightly darker than the newer sets I have, so it seems to darken with age, but I don't know if that has any bearing on the capacity or what.
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I don't know if there are differences, but I have been recently using a Tetenal RA4 kit that I opened in May last. While I had to throw out the working solution that I still had mixed from back then (including the bottle that had the dev in it - it had gone black and flakey), the concentrate for both the dev and the blix appears to be OK.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes. But not forever. The developing agent part is not packed under N2, it is packed under SO2!

PE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin