Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,910   Posts: 1,556,192   Online: 1041

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Tricolor carbro retrospective

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cool stuff, thanks for posting.

These were shot with one-shot (three-color) cameras.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thanks. I've actually seen some of the original negs for some of these and modern prints made from reassembled scans, but if the vintage carbros are on display, that would be something special.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Drew, there's a guy on the dye-transfer group who has some of these... is that who you're referring to? I actually bought some ink prints from him for my parents as gifts... Laurel & Hardy, and W.C. Fields.

Children should neither be seen nor heard from - ever again.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I don't want to mention any names because there is still a very convoluted question who owns the original rights to the negs, if anyone. There were also some very early large format Kodachromes of Hollywood folks
    incl WC Fields. All this stuff he basically inherited as Hurrell's lab assistant, so it looks like a legitimate transfer of
    the negs etc, but it would be financially crushing if some rich jerk came in from left field somwhere and contested it. Lots of the separation negs were on 5x7 acetate from a Devin tricolor camera so are terribly
    out of register with each other. They had to been scanned and resized in PS to get alignment. DT or Carbon
    redux won't work anymore unless remastered sep negs could also be mae.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok, that confirms my thoughts. I can respect the sensitivity of the issue.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I was at the National Portrait Gallery last weekend and saw them working on the show. I'd expect them to be actual carbros, and will be back soon to check.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin