Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,853   Posts: 1,582,909   Online: 1024

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Processing E6

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Woolliscroft
    If you haven't done any B&W processing, I'd recommend deving a few films before trying colour, even if you don't normally use B&W film, just to get the hang of the process. It is rather more forgiving than slide film and, who knows, you might get to like it.

David.
    I don't see well in B&W though I do make a practice of shooting a roll or two every few months. If it could be done in the kitchen sink I could give it a try but I'd need detailed list of supplies and instructions for that as well.

Images
    If you process B&W negs, then you'll probably want to do your own enlarging which is a big jump in the equipment and space required. I started out by processing slides at home. In school I noticed that a lot of people who were starting out by doing B&W were much less critical in their processing, thinking that they could fix anything in printing.

Pay attention to all of the safety warnings on the packaging. Rubber gloves are essential. An apron and eye protection are a very wise idea as well.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    Pay attention to all of the safety warnings on the packaging. Rubber gloves are essential. An apron and eye protection are a very wise idea as well.
    I hadn't even considered that. I'll have to add those items to my shopping list. Thank you.

Shooter
    35mm
    Where I live there is only one lab that will process slides and they charge $11/roll and it takes one day. If I do it myself, after buying the chemicals and slide mounts, how much would you estimate I would save by doing it myself. film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Here in Australia, the Agfa kits for E6 cost about $20 AUD and that is enough for 4 rolls of 35mm, so it's $5 AUD (about $3.50 USD) per roll. I've never used slide mounts, so I'm not sure what they cost.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin