Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,777   Online: 900

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Processing E6

Shooter
    35mm

Processing E6

I'm looking for resources - recommended books or online sites on how to process E6 film.

I've searched but all I find are sites for vendors - which don't give a complete picture on what a person needs and what the process entails.

Images
    This looks like a pretty good intro:

http://www.woodlandsphoto.org/~gcarl...processing.htm
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

rjr
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I´add the Jobo E6-manual - but be aware, this is not for the US-type of Jobo E6, which is the Tetenal Three Bath E6-Kit. In Germany Jobo sells their own type, rebadged Fuji-Hunt Chemistry.

The manual goes into detail - setup, process, errors, better than any other manual.

http://www.jobo.com/joboint/service/...andbuch_GB.pdf
    Tschüss,
    Roman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Don't worry, it really is very easy. If you can process B&W you will have no trouble with E6 except that it likes the temperatures a bit more accurate. If you put the developing tank in a water bath (a washing up bowl will do) that becomes no problem and you don't need any special equipment. I did my first film just by reading the instructions with the chemistry kit and it worked fine.

David.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Would have to agree that it really is pretty easy..did some several years ago, about 15 or so and the slides still look good. I think others here have talked about using a foam cooler (like the cheap ones for beer) fill it with water a given temp (could use one of the aquarium heaters) and your off. Think I used an old Kodak Hobby Pack, but they stopped making them..not sure what is out there now, but try a kit of some kind if you can find it..others here will be in the KNOW better than I am. Get a roll of film that you don't care about and practice rolling it on the reel and you will be ready to go. Good Luck!
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by anyte
    I'm looking for resources - recommended books or online sites on how to process E6 film.
    Jobo offers detail information on E6 three step and six step process to be used in their machines. Perhaps you may find some helpful info their:

http://www.jobo-usa.com/instructions...0Three%20Step:

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have used three popular E6 kits in the past, from Patterson Kodak and Jobo.

Although the mixing of the solutions do vary with the different brands, in proportions and time, provided the instruction are followed there will be no problem.

With the JOBO Expert System Processor, there is constant agitation, but I have not
    had any noticable variation in quality when using hand tank processing - with inverting and rolling slowly during all of the first development.
    As stated, the time and temp. is very important and has to be spot on for the first development, whether processing by hand or machine.

It is not at all complicated and well worth developing your very own method of working whether by kit or otherwise.
    'Determine on some course more than a wild exposure to each chance' The Bard.

Shooter
    35mm
    Flotsam - thank you for the link. I read through this morning and was greatful for how detailed the process is.

rjr - I can't open that document - I'm denied access. I get the impression that it's not in a language I could read. I appreciate the thought though.

Wolliscroft - I've never done any processing at all. I should probably get a book on B&W processing just so I can understand what everyone else is always talking about.

Bruce - thank you. After reading the link I checked out the FAQ and took some time to look at the processors which filled in a lot of gaps for me.

Stan - thank you for the input. Finally, a practical use for my nit-picking obsessive personality traits.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by photomc
    Would have to agree that it really is pretty easy..did some several years ago, about 15 or so and the slides still look good. I think others here have talked about using a foam cooler (like the cheap ones for beer) fill it with water a given temp (could use one of the aquarium heaters) and your off. Think I used an old Kodak Hobby Pack, but they stopped making them..not sure what is out there now, but try a kit of some kind if you can find it..others here will be in the KNOW better than I am. Get a roll of film that you don't care about and practice rolling it on the reel and you will be ready to go. Good Luck!
    Ooops. Didn't mean to overlook your post. Some good ideas and good advice. Thank you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by anyte
    Wolliscroft - I've never done any processing at all. I should probably get a book on B&W processing just so I can understand what everyone else is always talking about.
    If you haven't done any B&W processing, I'd recommend deving a few films before trying colour, even if you don't normally use B&W film, just to get the hang of the process. It is rather more forgiving than slide film and, who knows, you might get to like it.

David.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin