Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,207   Posts: 1,531,891   Online: 1072

Shooter
    Medium Format

Adding Effects to Film before shooting (Revolog Kolor)

Revolog makes a rather unique range of film, all pre-exposed prior to being sent out. This is a great creative idea, and while I love the thought of shooting this film, it's $20 per roll - and worst, it's only available in 100 speed.

So how would I go about making this type of film myself? Is it just a mater of building a box that will pre-expose the film, perhaps a rotating drum with a design on it to expose the film, add light, then just drag the film across?

I also happen to have a couple 35mm disposable cameras with ghosts in the background, I presume made the same way. It's great fun to shoot during holloween time.

Thoughts?

I'm especially interested in their 420nm and 600nm and texture effects.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    hmm, if you want to pre exposed film just use a double exposure, but IMHO I do not see how it helps take better pictures.
    Multum egerunt, qui ante nos fuerunt, sed non peregedunt.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Pre-exposing is very easy, yes, just do it yourself. Very easy. Anyway you'd want to do it and shoot your "real" image soon thereafter, it's not a good idea to preflash or pre-expose and then let the film sit.

The other thing that comes to mind is why not just go ahead and shoot normally. Buy one roll of their expensive stuff if you really feel the need, develop it without shooting it, and put sandwich it on to your stuff. Then you will get whatever patterns you desire and not be cocnstrained to use their film at its low speed.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This idea being applied to picture taking would make John Cage and all his cadre happy I suspect. This kind of indeterminacy; it's an interesting phenomenon...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin