Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,642   Online: 970

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

c-41 stabilazer question

I did my first color development today, with rollei digibase kit, my jobo cpe thank, etc. I finished developing about 20:15, and now when I went to see if the film was dry to scan. It appered dried, but it's full of some kind of residue, like foam. I though of the foam of the stabilizer. Is it normal?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This foam can take place if you over agitate and then do not gently wipe down the foam. You should be able to re-wet in stabilizer and then hang to re-dry with a gentle wipe down with a sponge or your fingers wetted with stabilizer.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, I did not over agitate, but the cpe did! Did not know about this. THank you for the advice. By the way, when you say figers wetted, is it with gloves? Or there is no immediate danger in putting one fingers in the stabilizer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I do not do the stabilization step on the Jobo. I use gentle hand agitation..

You should wear rubber or vinyl gloves if you get your hands in photographic solutions.

PE

Shooter
    35mm RF
    the stabilizer is just like photoflow, do not use it in tanks, especially with plastic reels, just put your film in a stainless tank with the stabilizer flip it a couple of times and shake it a bit when hang to dry.
    Multum egerunt, qui ante nos fuerunt, sed non peregedunt.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use plastic tanks and reels. It is not the material, but the method by which you use it and the method of cleanup!

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cleaning up the plastic reels after each use takes about 15 seconds. Split the reels apart and quickly swirl with a dish brush in warm water. When done every time, this is enough to prevent final rinse agents from accumulating. If you still find it is insufficient, a more thorough cleaning once a year or so may help.

So, this is not a very good reason to turn to stainless steel reels. It's more a matter of taste if anything.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ideed. Normally I use a old tooth brush and "blue soap" from times to times, more if I see the white plastic reels becaming dark with the residues of the cheamicals.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    when using my jobo, I hate to clean up not just the tanks, but the lift as well, I figured once the development and fixing is over, stabilizer part is easily done in the stainless tank, just my 2 cents.
    Multum egerunt, qui ante nos fuerunt, sed non peregedunt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin