Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,578   Online: 1082

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thank you for the reply! ok, i have to be mentally prepared for such large quantities. By the way have you cross processed vision 3 film in C41 chemistry? Would like to see what difference in tonality and colour if you can post up a few pictures.
    I actually did a one process for 250D in C41 using fuji chemicals. The colours looked rather muted which I attributed to the 0.5 gamma value. However, since the chemicals are not right thus I feel colours may be wrong too.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I did 50D once in C-41, it wasn't useable, it wasn't simply low contrast or 'muted colours' etc, I just didn't get much of a picture out of it, I wrote off using C-41 with it after that, perhaps I messed up the C-41 processing that single time (I process C-41 usually daily).

Shooter
    35mm
    You can get CD-3 from Photographer's formulary. I think the web address is www.photoformulary.com.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The ECN processing kit is indeed huge, and in addition it does not keep very well once opened or mixed. It is not as stable as the C41 chemistry. The cross processing of ECN films in C41 chemistry will give very poor results compared to the correct process.

PE

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Guess after I buy the chemicals, I should rebottle them to smaller bottles to prevent oxidation.

Below are some of the images taken on 250D and cross processed in C-41 Fuji chemistry. Scanned using V700 with epson scan software. I suppose these colours are too muted by compared to a ECN-2 development? Athiril, did you get similar colours like these? I hope photographers here can post some photos taken on Vision 3 film and developed in real ECN-2 process. Saw alot of discussion but very little pictures.

The following photo was taken with tungsten street lights. The non yellow/orange appearance makes me think that C41 process altered the colour balance since I used a daylight vision 3 film.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Your results are excellent comparatively to what I got with 50D, there is no comparison, I got an unusable, unscannable, unprintable image riddled noise and artefacts due to how close the dMax and dMin were together.

Mixed developer is supposed to last 2 weeks in a floating lid cover according to the manual (vs 4 weeks for flexicolor), would imagine at least as long in sealed bottle with no air (mixed flexicolor is supposed to last 6 weeks in 'gas stoppered' bottles). It won't last this long 'out of the box' so to speak just by mixing it from kit parts like Flexicolor does iirc.

Keep part B topped up with an inert gas of some kind. I copied the first one, a slight balance change improves it.

In regards to your images, they are just slightly off balance.

You don't need the whole kit, usually just the developer.
    All recipes are also in here inc developer - http://motion.kodak.com/motion/uploa...h247_h2407.pdf

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I think your C41 developed vision film scans are not good , even terrible.

Write to Technicolor Labs and try to open an account. As someone wrote at first link in the thread , it would cost only few dollars to get a development in most technologically developed lab in the world.

If you keep taking this kind of pictures , dont blame the film and try to buy few ansel adams catalogs and find what can be the photograpic art.

Umut
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 03-12-2012 at 06:07 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The ECN developer contains no stabilizer, but the C41 developer does. This means a very short lifetime for the ECN developer! It can go bad in even stoppered bottles as the mixing process has entrained oxygen in the water. Watch out for it!

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The ECN-2 developer uses sodium sulphite to protect against oxidation iirc, I've added HAS to it, and it didn't make a difference to the 'very short lifetime', there is another missing item for that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have tested ECN-2 developer aging twice. First time, it was fine after 6-8 months but totally dead after 12 months. Stored in full/squeezed PET bottles at room temperature (~23C). Second time, I stored it in an open container (deep tank) with some saran wrap on top. It was surely fine after a month. Didn't test it after that.

So, it SEEMS to last as well as C-41 developer at least for me, but I may have been lucky; better be safe than sorry.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin