Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,914   Posts: 1,521,734   Online: 1079

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

First C41 and E6 home dev results

I post here my first colour and slide developmnt experiences, to get some debate and opinion to improve the dev procedures.
    C-41: I thing that I did not get the dev temp right, so a few shots may have more contrast. Second: one of the films was agfa color 200, with expired date. Here is a few. After scanning I did some little correction with lightroom. Also, in one previous thread I ask about a problem. I did the stabilizer with tap water, that here is very hard, so the film had a white foam stuck, that appered in the frame after scanning.

The fireworks were shot with superia 800.

Now it's time for the slide film. The film was from a bulk load afgachrome crd duplicating film, that after some questions about it here, it is a tungsten light film, and iso 12 for normal photography. Since I have not the correction filter, I tried to correct the light temp in lightroom, but I have inexperience with it, and so I do not know what shou be a natural look or not. Here some exemples a few shots.

Also, I have the problem described in this thread: and also, during the color development, I di not notice that the lid of the tank pop up and a few of the chemical spliled, but i think it did not influenced th result. But it may have, since I do not have experience with slide development.
    Well, what so you think and lets see what I can or how to correct some of the problems.

Shooter
    35mm
    Since I coud only post 10 images, here are the two left, from slide film:

Shooter
    127 Format
    Great looking results. Congratulations.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    Really? thanks, I allways thought that colour and slide was for people with skills.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    They look pretty good to me, certainly within an acceptable range and any slight colour shifts can be corrected in postprocessing. Definitely more consistent than my early efforts.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank You!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Your results are a lot better than I get from one of my local 1 hour places. Could you tell a little more about your processing?
    Real men use Speed Graphics and flashbulbs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They look very good.

You might be aware of this but dupe films in general have lower contrast than camera films.

PE

mts
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The C41 samples are spot-on. The E6 are surprisingly good considering expired tungsten-balanced dupe film shot in daylight without a correction filter (although you did correct after scanning). It's worth trying some Provia 100 to see how well you can do with proper film. I find that Fuji requires a slightly longer first develop time than does Kodak E6. Keep up the good work.
    By denying the facts, any paradox can be sustained--Galileo

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Great effort! I wish my first home developed film looked this good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin