Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,713   Posts: 1,483,015   Online: 693

Shooter
    Multi Format

Lab to send fuji quickloads

I shot my first bits of 4x5 this week, and now I have realized I don't know where to send them. Who do you recommend for 4x5 quickloads? They are E-6.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    where are you located? Here's some of my recommended places for E-6, along with their location. All handle mail-order processing.

Datachrome (Orange County, CA)

www.data-chrome.com

Samy's Camera (Santa Barbara, CA)

www.samys.com (lab is located at the S.B. store location, phone # is on their website)

Praus Productions (Rochester, NY)

http://www.4photolab.com/

I've used Samy's and now Datachrome for my E-6 processing, all formats 35mm-->8x10. Both are tremendous places to do business with. Both have fast turnaround M-F.

-Dan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganCAdams View Post
    I shot my first bits of 4x5 this week, and now I have realized I don't know where to send them. Who do you recommend for 4x5 quickloads? They are E-6.
    Is it correct that you have no interest in developing these yourself? I am dev'ing the quickload 4x5 and it's quite easy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Scott Sheppard
    Inside Analog Photo
    http://www.insideanalogphoto.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I am considering to begin processing my 4x5 quickload transparencies at home. What chemistry do you use to process your E-6?
    Thank you.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tnabbott View Post
    Is it correct that you have no interest in developing these yourself? I am dev'ing the quickload 4x5 and it's quite easy.
    I am new to the processing of E-6 but not new to home film processing. I process my own B&W film.
    What E-6 chemicals do you recommend for home use. The 5 bath, the rapid 3 bath, Tetenal, Arista? Any suggestions you have would be terribly helpful. Thank you.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kitok View Post
    I am new to the processing of E-6 but not new to home film processing. I process my own B&W film.
    What E-6 chemicals do you recommend for home use. The 5 bath, the rapid 3 bath, Tetenal, Arista? Any suggestions you have would be terribly helpful. Thank you.
    I use the 7 bath Kodak 5L kit. I have 1.5 boxes left. I also have Fuji 5L kits and some of the larger Kodak chemicals in 10L size. Processing at home is really not hard, just don't try it on an important roll for the first few attempts. Some examples of my home processed chromes are at http://thomasnabbott.tumblr.com/

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    tnabbott,

Thank you for the reply and thank you for sharing your examples. Do you process manually or do you have an automated system?
    I have had no luck locating the Fuji or Tetenal E-6 kits in the US and have found the cost of International shipping to be price prohibitive to my importing the kits.
    So I am going to give the 3 bath Arista kit, which I can purchase from Freestyle, a try and follow it up with a final stabilizing bath containing the formalin omitted in the Arista kit. I am hoping that does the trick.

Where do you source your chemistry from?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin