Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,568   Posts: 1,545,450   Online: 1125

Shooter
    Medium Format

Film for bluebonnets

Hey guys,

Here in Dallas the bluebonnets are expected to peak in 2 weeks. I have 5 rolls of Velvia 50 and 5 rolls of Ektar. Does anyone have other recommendations? I plan to do mostly landscape shots with my Pentax 645 and Mamiya rz67...but I also plan to shoot a roll of Porta of my wife and baby daughter.

Also I am still new to film so any recommendations you have please feel free to comment. I do have polarizers and ND Grad filters. I figured I will only need them for Velvia

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Those are the film choices I would make for bluebonnets! I'd be more oriented toward Ektar only because E6 processing is getting harder and harder to find.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Might I suggest a skylight or UV filter to avoid throwing the color lighter than you see.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Reala for both flora and family.

Maybe it's HDR burn-out but I'm liking more neutral films for spring flowers.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    I would go with Portra 160 and avoid shooting at 12 noon, the top white part of the
    bluebonnet wash out.. Ennis ,tx. looks good this year.
    John

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Cool. I am hitting up ennis this coming weekend and the next.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin