Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,967   Posts: 1,632,646   Online: 894

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Shooter
    35mm
    I've got to second the comments about the pointlessness of speculating and scaremongering. I am sure we are all shocked to learn that Kodak is abandoning E-6. I will miss 100VS dearly. But I have been preparing for it by testing Provia with a warming filter. Not exactly the same, but still very nice. And the Provia 400 is wonderful and can be pushed two stops without losing quality.

Will Fuji throw in the towel at some point? Perhaps. But let's remember that when Polaroid went belly up, the film was back in production again pretty quickly. I've never understood why anyone would want to shoot Polaroid, and feel confident that the worldwide demand for E-6 far outstrips Polaroid demand. China will be there to step into market left available by others.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by thuggins View Post
    I've got to second the comments about the pointlessness of speculating and scaremongering. I am sure we are all shocked to learn that Kodak is abandoning E-6. I will miss 100VS dearly. But I have been preparing for it by testing Provia with a warming filter. Not exactly the same, but still very nice. And the Provia 400 is wonderful and can be pushed two stops without losing quality.

Will Fuji throw in the towel at some point? Perhaps. But let's remember that when Polaroid went belly up, the film was back in production again pretty quickly. I've never understood why anyone would want to shoot Polaroid, and feel confident that the worldwide demand for E-6 far outstrips Polaroid demand. China will be there to step into market left available by others.
    It was? As far as I know, no one produces Polaroid anymore. Fuji produces a compatible film but it isn't Polaroid, and they also don't have anything like type 55 Pos/Neg.

I have a Polaroid back for my Mamiya 645. It's useful for proofing. 6x4.5 image isn't much good for anything else but... tempted to get a Polaroid back for 4x5 but the price of Fuji 4x5 is high enough to dissuade me.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by thuggins View Post

Fuji was making their film. Demand for E6 materials has already tanked globally and, no, the Chinese will likely not be stepping in as producers or consumers of E6 film.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin