Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,886   Posts: 1,520,648   Online: 1144

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Cross processing at my local lab

Hello all
    The other day, I went into my local 1 hour lab and asked if they could cross process some kodak ebx in c41. They said that i cannot do this, as they cannot guarantee pictures and it will muck their developer up. i asked whether they could do it at the end of the day when the chems are replaced but they said they do not replace them.
    Please help
    What should i do
    Regards
    Ektachrome

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This sort of thing usually spooks mini-lab operators who somehow think it will muck up their already stale chemistry. If you can, find a pro lab who will do it. Most will, though some might charge a bit extra.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It does not mess the chemistry up at all. They are badly misinformed. It is unlikely that you can fix that though.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a roll of 120 Kodak Ektachrome E100 I just finished shooting today and was wondering if it was OK to cross process at home. Thanks for the info PE, I'll go ahead and develop it as soon as I finish this roll of 127 b/w I have developing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    127! Where do you get that from?!

Ektachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Efke makes some 127 films

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak has a document for minilab owners that describes that cross processing slide film will not ruin their chemicals, and shows how much can be processed without adjusting replenishment rates. I can't find it at the Kodak website right now but if you find it, they might believe it.

foc

Shooter
    35mm
    I have processed many E6 films in C41 in a Fuji leadercard processor and never had any problems.

By the way the chemicals in minilab processor are replenished and not changed at the end of the day.

I think that the reason a lot of minilabs won't do crossprocessing is that they have a policy of not processing non C41 films incase a mistake is made and litigation could follow.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    If it is 35mm, pop the film in to a C-41 canister, for 120, respool on to C41 backing paper. When the lab says "it came out all funny" tell them it was a roll off ebay

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by foc View Post
    I have processed many E6 films in C41 in a Fuji leadercard processor and never had any problems.

By the way the chemicals in minilab processor are replenished and not changed at the end of the day.

I think that the reason a lot of minilabs won't do crossprocessing is that they have a policy of not processing non C41 films incase a mistake is made and litigation could follow.
    You could be right about litigation, although if all you do is C41, it would be easy enough to have a sign-off the customer signs off that they have been told the lab only does C41 and that the customer absolves the lab of responsibility. Well that would probably work in civilized countries like Canada and Ireland, probably wouldn't work in the United States where if you trip over your own feet and hurt yourself you don't call for a doctor, but call for a lawyer instead.

Then again, most people don't read the fine manual, they read some crap off the Internet that tells them the chemistry will get all messed up, they will believe that even if the machine and chemicals manufacturer says it will not.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin