Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,969   Posts: 1,558,558   Online: 1097

Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 61011121314151617181920212226 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Frizza View Post
    I don't want to throw a spanner in the works but has anyone here seen or used Ilfords colour transparency film which is 2iso, it is based on the same technology as Ilfochrome? if i were to attempt to make any colour film (WHICH I AM NOT) I would first strive to make this type of colour film. Just throwing it out there......
    I have some exposed Ilfochrome colour transparencey film, it's E6 process and 100 ASA. The reusew of names gets confusing but I realise you mean the Ciba/Ilford Ilfachrome in this case. I think the speed would make it rather impractical.

It's worth reading D A Spencers book - Colour Photography in Practice, 1939, it's a very interesting analysis of (early) Colour photography and differing approaches, Later editions aren't as interesting as by then many processes were obsolete and so no longer included. D.A. Specer was a senior research chemist and a Director of Kodak and so in a unique position.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Ron,

Kodak Instant Film as I remember it.

Kodak Instant Film and Ektaflex printing material used developer dye release technology. When the incorporated developing agent was oxidized during the process of reducing Ag, a colored dye was released, with no coupling involved.

Fred

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes Fred, both used RDRs (Redox Dye Releasers) with an ETA in the pod to facilitate dye release. It used Reversal F emulsions to get an ISO of about 100 (? - I've forgotten the speed). A 3000 speed counterpart with metallized dyes was under development. It used negative emulsions and got very high speed via some interesting technology. The dyes were very stable.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    It used Reversal F emulsions ...

PE
    I've always loved the story about the core and shell Reversal F emulsion being created as a spy film during WW2. The latent image went internal and the common surface developers of the day would not develop the image; it took a grain cracking developer to do this.

Fred

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    The real problem is the thickness of 3 sheets of support which may cause some sharpness problems. IDK for sure.
    So you'd want film-pack. Oops. But large format aero film is still in the catalog, right?

Shooter
    35mm

K-Lab Kodachome processing

Maybe I'm just slow, but this thread is the first time that I've seen any real information about a recipe for making the K-14 developing chemicals. I am very happy to see that.

I own the K-Lab that has been mentioned here and there and that I wrote about on the Kodachrome Project forum. I finally have some time to work toward getting the K-Lab restored and mechanically operational.

I need help in getting a true and solid way to manufacture the K-14 specific chemicals to operate the K-Lab and develope 35mm Kodachrome. Since the K-Lab is much smaller than Dwayne's Kodachrome processor, the amount of K-14 chemicals is much smaller. That should help to keep the cost of supplies down and make the cost of developing individual Kodachrome rolls reasonable.

Please contact me to help get Kodachrome developing rolling again.

Kevin Kittle

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kevin;

See the US patent granted to R. Bent and R. Mowrey.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have 60 rolls of the last batch in the uber bottom of my freezer, I am sure the person on ebay "jel8080" who is buying up nearly every roll in sight would love to get their hands on it....but I would like to shoot it my self one day if a viable process comes about, so good on anyone for putting forth the effort...
    "I'm the freak that shoots film. God bless the freaks!" ~ Mainecoonmaniac ~

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi all,

Kevin - if I get you right, you are seriously considering trying to recreate a Kodachrome developing lab. If that's so, then please keep me in the loop. I'm aware of a shedful of enthuiasts sitting on rolls of Kodachrome in the blind hope that a new developer will emerge.

Best wishes - and good luck,

Brett.

Shooter
    35mm
    so perhaps i should hang on to my kodachrome for the time being?
    I was about to list some of it on ebay?
    Its been kept frozen since i got it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin