Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,266   Posts: 1,534,322   Online: 793

Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 101415161718192021222324252630 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The way I see it, there is no greater compliment to the true Kodak of old than this ongoing loyalty to its most famous progeny. These threads about Kodachrome—years now since its death—speak volumes about the good will people still feel toward Kodak and that product.

Kodak was an integral part of American life. Photographs of amazing people and places on Kodachrome by National Geographic. Photographs of amazing Little League baseball players on Kodachrome by my late father. And everything in between. For generations.

I was out doing fall colors again this year like everyone else. I do it just for the sheer relaxation of driving around and looking. I was using Provia 100F. A very nice film. Finer grain than Kodachrome. Better scanning than Kodachrome. Insanely easier processing than Kodachrome. And undeniably beautiful results.

But it wasn't the same. Nor will it ever be.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Reports of (Colour) Kodachrome Home Processing Emerge from Sydney

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    The way I see it, there is no greater compliment to the true Kodak of old than this ongoing loyalty to its most famous progeny. These threads about Kodachrome—years now since its death—speak volumes about the good will people still feel toward Kodak and that product.

Kodak was an integral part of American life. Photographs of amazing people and places on Kodachrome by National Geographic. Photographs of amazing Little League baseball players on Kodachrome by my late father. And everything in between. For generations.

I was out doing fall colors again this year like everyone else. I do it just for the sheer relaxation of driving around and looking. I was using Provia 100F. A very nice film. Finer grain than Kodachrome. Better scanning than Kodachrome. Insanely easier processing than Kodachrome. And undeniably beautiful results.

But it wasn't the same. Nor will it ever be.

Ken
    Well said...

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Reports of (Colour) Kodachrome Home Processing Emerge from Sydney

Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    'Mama, don't take my full-frame 24.3MP CMOS Sensor with on-chip phase detection AF and 14-bit Raw output away from me'
    Haha! Awesome!

What's phase detection?

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post

What's phase detection?

It's what parents use to try to figure out why their teenager is acting so weird.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Haha! Awesome!

What's phase detection?
    A function of a Multi Meter?

Shooter
    35mm
    What's phase detection?
    Phase-detection auto-focus. Needs a mirror box.
    As opposed to
    Contrast-detection auto-focus. Doesn't need a mirror box. Certain non-film cameras use it. Generally slower and less reliable than phase-detection.

AF film SRL all use phase-detection I suppose. I might be wrong.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just remember to set phasers to 'stun'.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    And practically all AF-finder film-cameras used the contrast detection (either in the active or passive version).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Lets get Kodak to start making APS Kodachrome.

PE
    probably a better business plan than stupid printers
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ken, you are right. But only in this sense... Look at the threads and out of the 60,000 or so members of APUG, only the same 10 - 20 people are posting. So the people posting are avid Kodachrome users, but in the broad sense the customer base has vanished and there are few true users. In fact, the most avid will still not pay the price projected here in APUG for a roll to be developed, and yet i feel that is the true cost now. Once you realize that Kodak was approaching that price limit, (ie. No profit) then you realize that there is no avid customer base, at least not one much bigger than the people here and there like us posting on APUG.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin