Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,124   Online: 855

Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 151920212223242526272829303135 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Do you have some? That would be cool to have just for coolness purposes haha

~Stone

The Important Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You may have just made PE's head explode.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Reports of (Colour) Kodachrome Home Processing Emerge from Sydney

To me, Kodachrome is almost like the beginning of me being a REAL photographer.

I'd been shooting with my dads SLR for over 15 years and "professionally" for around 5, but I didn't feel like a real photographer, I had never shot film professionally Amd had been using digital ever since I went "pro" so when I heard about Kodachrome shutting down I realized this was my last chance. I had loved national geographic and Steve McCurry's work and still had NEVER shot on Kodachrome, only cheap Kodak gold or similar Walgreens type, since I was a kid, I simply brought it to the store, never developed anything myself, never took a class on it. Etc. I shot 3 test rolls of film on Kodachrome in October, got them back and they were ok, adjusted my shooting based on those 3 rolls and headed out and spent an entire month flying all over the country and never knowing how a single shot would come out till after I was done and at the lab in Kansas in the last day when I delivered my final batch. They had shipped my previous batches so I didn't see anything till I got home.

Everything came out amazingly well, I felt so accomplished, confirmed my skill level as a professional and gave me a purpose as a photographer.

It holds a special place in my heart, and I hope my future book about the adventure is well received (just finished recovering from the financial hit of the trip, and still scanning the film, it's a lot for me, i want it scanned perfectly and accurately, but I know my end result will be awesome.

Anyway, we all have a Kodachrome story, that's what makes it powerful I think. For me it fulfilled a childhood dream, still wish now I could shoot more, on 120, and take better advantage of the one roll of ASA 25 I had (everything else was 64). And create more as I improve and learn, but I guess I'll have to settle for Velvia haha I also miss Ektachrome (the blue tinge one) as I love the odd color caste, but at some point you have to let go of expensive or hard to find film and "focus" on what is available and consistent...

There was a point to this post, not sure if it made it through, but I guess it's that, we always miss the past, we forget the bad and only remember the good, so all the difficulties of K have left, and what's left are green grasses and red flowers and joy in our hearts for a time long since passed...

(I think I should save part of this post for my book... Lol)

~Stone

The Important Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    You may have just made PE's head explode.

Haha I know, I know of said that on purpose haha, though I was thinking of hanging Kodachrome strips on my Christmas tree like streamers... Hahahaha

~Stone

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    Ok, I have been debating doing this for awhile and decided to go ahead and ask:

I have recently found a roll of kodachrome 64 that my father in law exposed, who knows how long ago, is there anyone here who would be willing to take this roll and develop it? I doubt I have the skills, and know I don't have the patience with removing the rem jet, to develop it properly. I really want this roll developed, and if you want to know why, send me a PM.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by madgardener View Post

I have recently found a roll of kodachrome 64 that my father in law exposed, who knows how long ago, is there anyone here who would be willing to take this roll and develop it? I doubt I have the skills, and know I don't have the patience with removing the rem jet, to develop it properly. I really want this roll developed, and if you want to know why, send me a PM.
    See this thread. The OP is someone who has successfully done it. If I had film like that it'd be worth $250 to me, even knowing age might have done irreparable harm:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/1...eveloping.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Roger, it is $250 per roll, minimum 5 rolls...do the math!
    Add insured postage (and risk of loss) from whereever you are to Sydney, Australia.
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some things in life just can't be reduced to equivilent piles of one hundred dollar bills...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by madgardener View Post

Let us know the results when you can save up the $1,250

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Or we could "group buy" and each submit one roll haha

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, to start with, I have NO ISO 400 Kodachrome. Although, by reports, it did make mud look like mud! Maybe more so!

I cannot process the film except to B&W, but then anyone can do it.

I used the example on Wikipedia as an example only. But, on average, the one on the left is chosen or something in between. This is not uncommon.

As saturation goes up, errors creep in due to errors in the dyes or in the imaging process, so for example as red saturation goes up, detail is lost because you are removing yellow and magenta which represent the real only source of detail. This is called undercut, where the saturation of one color is undercutting the presence of another color. At least that is the way we refer to this in film design.

I found 1/2 brick of a C41 coating in the freezer today. IDK what it represents, as it is a plant experiment with an FW before the emulsion # and no other detail. So, sorry, no Kodachrome. I do have a Kodachrome experience to relate though. When E6 came out, I quit using Kodachrome!

Thats it.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin