Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,641   Posts: 1,623,261   Online: 1214

Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 151920212223242526272829303135 ... LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Reports of (Colour) Kodachrome Home Processing Emerge from Sydney

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    You may have just made PE's head explode.

Haha I know, I know of said that on purpose haha, though I was thinking of hanging Kodachrome strips on my Christmas tree like streamers... Hahahaha

~Stone

The Important Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shooter
    35mm
    Ok, I have been debating doing this for awhile and decided to go ahead and ask:

I have recently found a roll of kodachrome 64 that my father in law exposed, who knows how long ago, is there anyone here who would be willing to take this roll and develop it? I doubt I have the skills, and know I don't have the patience with removing the rem jet, to develop it properly. I really want this roll developed, and if you want to know why, send me a PM.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by madgardener View Post

I have recently found a roll of kodachrome 64 that my father in law exposed, who knows how long ago, is there anyone here who would be willing to take this roll and develop it? I doubt I have the skills, and know I don't have the patience with removing the rem jet, to develop it properly. I really want this roll developed, and if you want to know why, send me a PM.
    See this thread. The OP is someone who has successfully done it. If I had film like that it'd be worth $250 to me, even knowing age might have done irreparable harm:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/1...eveloping.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Roger, it is $250 per roll, minimum 5 rolls...do the math!
    Add insured postage (and risk of loss) from whereever you are to Sydney, Australia.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some things in life just can't be reduced to equivilent piles of one hundred dollar bills...

Ken
    "There is very limited audience for the arty stuff, and it is largely comprised of other arty types, most of whom have no money to spend because no one is buying their stuff either. More people bring their emotions to an image than bring their intellect. The former are the folks who have checkbooks because they are engineers, accountants, and bankers—and generally they are engineers, accountants and bankers because they are not artists."

— Amanda Tomlin, Looking Glass Magazine, 2014

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by madgardener View Post

Let us know the results when you can save up the $1,250

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Or we could "group buy" and each submit one roll haha

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, to start with, I have NO ISO 400 Kodachrome. Although, by reports, it did make mud look like mud! Maybe more so!

I cannot process the film except to B&W, but then anyone can do it.

I used the example on Wikipedia as an example only. But, on average, the one on the left is chosen or something in between. This is not uncommon.

As saturation goes up, errors creep in due to errors in the dyes or in the imaging process, so for example as red saturation goes up, detail is lost because you are removing yellow and magenta which represent the real only source of detail. This is called undercut, where the saturation of one color is undercutting the presence of another color. At least that is the way we refer to this in film design.

I found 1/2 brick of a C41 coating in the freezer today. IDK what it represents, as it is a plant experiment with an FW before the emulsion # and no other detail. So, sorry, no Kodachrome. I do have a Kodachrome experience to relate though. When E6 came out, I quit using Kodachrome!

Thats it.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Roger, it is $250 per roll, minimum 5 rolls...do the math!
    Add insured postage (and risk of loss) from whereever you are to Sydney, Australia.
    Yeah, I got it. I figured, as someone below your post suggested, that folks might find five people to go in on a five roll order. Postage would be insignificant compared to the price.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Well, to start with, I have NO ISO 400 Kodachrome. Although, by reports, it did make mud look like mud! Maybe more so!

I cannot process the film except to B&W, but then anyone can do it.

I used the example on Wikipedia as an example only. But, on average, the one on the left is chosen or something in between. This is not uncommon.

As saturation goes up, errors creep in due to errors in the dyes or in the imaging process, so for example as red saturation goes up, detail is lost because you are removing yellow and magenta which represent the real only source of detail. This is called undercut, where the saturation of one color is undercutting the presence of another color. At least that is the way we refer to this in film design.

I found 1/2 brick of a C41 coating in the freezer today. IDK what it represents, as it is a plant experiment with an FW before the emulsion # and no other detail. So, sorry, no Kodachrome. I do have a Kodachrome experience to relate though. When E6 came out, I quit using Kodachrome!

Thats it.

PE
    Haha oh well, I didn't think you would have any, I was going along with the theme of bothering you with Kodachrome things.

I AM at my witts end with all my Agfa/ORWO/foma films from the 50's that I have now shot and want developed on color, maybe I'll harass you by mail and mail you all my film one at a time, every day another Agfa NK-17 roll falls through the mail slot.. Hehe can you imagine the insanity?

I think I'll get all the Chem together, it's not hard just tedious.

I wish I could just x-process in current color chem and not destroy it in the mean time..

Well Velvia seems to handle color saturation just fine...

~Stone

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin