Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,172   Online: 1050

Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1620212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Roger, it is $250 per roll, minimum 5 rolls...do the math!
    Add insured postage (and risk of loss) from whereever you are to Sydney, Australia.
    Yeah, I got it. I figured, as someone below your post suggested, that folks might find five people to go in on a five roll order. Postage would be insignificant compared to the price.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Reports of (Colour) Kodachrome Home Processing Emerge from Sydney

Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Well, to start with, I have NO ISO 400 Kodachrome. Although, by reports, it did make mud look like mud! Maybe more so!

I cannot process the film except to B&W, but then anyone can do it.

I used the example on Wikipedia as an example only. But, on average, the one on the left is chosen or something in between. This is not uncommon.

As saturation goes up, errors creep in due to errors in the dyes or in the imaging process, so for example as red saturation goes up, detail is lost because you are removing yellow and magenta which represent the real only source of detail. This is called undercut, where the saturation of one color is undercutting the presence of another color. At least that is the way we refer to this in film design.

I found 1/2 brick of a C41 coating in the freezer today. IDK what it represents, as it is a plant experiment with an FW before the emulsion # and no other detail. So, sorry, no Kodachrome. I do have a Kodachrome experience to relate though. When E6 came out, I quit using Kodachrome!

Thats it.

PE
    Haha oh well, I didn't think you would have any, I was going along with the theme of bothering you with Kodachrome things.

I AM at my witts end with all my Agfa/ORWO/foma films from the 50's that I have now shot and want developed on color, maybe I'll harass you by mail and mail you all my film one at a time, every day another Agfa NK-17 roll falls through the mail slot.. Hehe can you imagine the insanity?

I think I'll get all the Chem together, it's not hard just tedious.

I wish I could just x-process in current color chem and not destroy it in the mean time..

Well Velvia seems to handle color saturation just fine...

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    127 Format
    ... I do have a Kodachrome experience to relate though. When E6 came out, I quit using Kodachrome!

Thats it.

PE
    Yep, PE is officially Fed Up.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I do have a Kodachrome experience to relate though. When E6 came out, I quit using Kodachrome!

Thats it.

PE
    PE

Did the named Kodachrome patent holders complain?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Neither of us did!

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Neither of us did!

PE
    I love it. Even though you're so very tired of all the ballyhooing about Kodachrome being gone, you haven't lost your graciousness or sense of humor. You're a true gentleman and the APUG community is so much richer because of your presence here.

I also stopped shooting Kodachrome quite a while ago because the fastest speed I could get was 64 (I don't think the 200-speed version was available yet), and my lens was so slow and flash was so wimpy (I was a poor student then) that I couldn't get decent Christmas pictures with a 64-speed film. Ektachrome 200 was fast enough so that's what I switched to. I did shoot a roll or two of the K200 when it was available, but didn't like it as well as I did the Ektachrome or the K64.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ME;

Thanks. As you can imagine, my life has been photography above all else. I have lived, breathed, and worked it since I was about 8 or 12 depending on B&W or color. It has been mostly fun!!! sometimes low spots, but this Kodachrome thing is really getting to me. Let it go people. It will not come back, and its qualities were, in some sense, an accident of demands for quality and keeping.

Oh well.

The real workers were Fred and Ed. Dick S worked on lab processing and Dick B and I were just bystanders who worked on color developing agents at that time.

Best wishes .

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    ME;

Thanks. As you can imagine, my life has been photography above all else. I have lived, breathed, and worked it since I was about 8 or 12 depending on B&W or color. It has been mostly fun!!! sometimes low spots, but this Kodachrome thing is really getting to me. Let it go people. It will not come back, and its qualities were, in some sense, an accident of demands for quality and keeping.

Oh well.

The real workers were Fred and Ed. Dick S worked on lab processing and Dick B and I were just bystanders who worked on color developing agents at that time.

Best wishes .

PE
    I never actually used Kodachrome, the results I saw were grainy with weird colours, and it was slow, and more expensive to process. 75 years ago, it was a brilliant idea, but, really, Kodachrome was on life support when I started shooting colour in 1978, there were other transparency films with better colour accuracy, finer grain, higher speed and easier processing even then, 34 years ago now.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry Paul - cannot agree with you here.

My best Kodachromes were shot after 1978 (until the late 1980s), and survive well to this day.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Sorry Paul - cannot agree with you here.

My best Kodachromes were shot after 1978 (until the late 1980s), and survive well to this day.
    What I mean by it was on life support in 1978, is that already Kodachrome was starting to lose market share to other film technologies, like E6 and C41, even if digital had never been invented, we would still have seen Kodachrome fade into history.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin