Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,174   Online: 791

Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1923242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have no information on the R100. My information has a gap between the early reversal films and the E6 compatible films.

PE

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Reports of (Colour) Kodachrome Home Processing Emerge from Sydney

More than frustrating is when like yesterday I discovered while re-organizing my freezer, 7 rolls of K64-135, 3 rolls of K64-120, one roll of Kodachrome II-828, and one roll of Kodachrome-x-135 and one REEL of Kodachrome (something, probably K-II but I don't want to open the tin) 8mm movie film...

All tha will never be shot.. I don't even have a camera that takes 828 so I don't know why I have it, probably came with a lot of other stuff I bought.

The 35mm stuff is all from my Kodachrome project in 2010, I had extra rolls left over and froze them, they were all still good when I did, actually I mailed Dan Bayer a few rolls, at the time I just couldn't afford to process the leftovers, in fact I think I sold 10 rolls for $100 to another photographer at Dwayne's because I was so broke I didn't have enough money for gas and food to get back to the airport... That trip took me 2 years to recover from financially...

I don't have a reason for posting, except I wanted to share with someone who might understand.

I guess it would be nice to shoot it all, but not at $2,000 per roll haha

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If anyone wants to give it a try, I think a good bet would be to get five people to pool their money together and send in a roll a piece in one order, preferably from one country to keep it simple.

I figure $250 to test a single roll for an idea I have is ok, but until I see the results, I can not move forward with the bigger idea. If the test looks good, I will shoot about 6-10 rolls on a year long project that will basically be a richly produced set of remakes of old masters paintings done at Burbank Studios...

I would be willing to spear head this through the Kodachrome Project in terms of logistics, communication and gathering, accounting of funds.

Who is in?
    "I'm the freak that shoots film. God bless the freaks!" ~ Mainecoonmaniac ~

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    If anyone wants to give it a try, I think a good bet would be to get five people to pool their money together and send in a roll a piece in one order, preferably from one country to keep it simple.

I figure $250 to test a single roll for an idea I have is ok, but until I see the results, I can not move forward with the bigger idea. If the test looks good, I will shoot about 6-10 rolls on a year long project that will basically be a richly produced set of remakes of old masters paintings done at Burbank Studios...

I would be willing to spear head this through the Kodachrome Project in terms of logistics, communication and gathering, accounting of funds.

Who is in?
    135, 120? Or another size?

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Re: Reports of (Colour) Kodachrome Home Processing Emerge from Sydney

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    135, 120? Or another size?
    I thought it was 135 only.

If 120 is an option my nose is twitching.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    I thought it was 135 only.

If 120 is an option my nose is twitching.
    I've honestly forgotten lol, sorry to stir things up, but yea that would be nice.

~Stone

Shooter
    Multi Format
    $250 for a roll of highly magenta, faded d-max 120 KR64...?....no thanks. I think it is 35mm only.
    "I'm the freak that shoots film. God bless the freaks!" ~ Mainecoonmaniac ~

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I am not and will not process this film so people can simply indulge themselves by finding something to shoot just for the sake of using kodachrome. That's what Dwaynes 2011 cut off was for! The time and effort in processing kodachrome in colour by hand coupled by the fact that there is no profit margin in my costing of $260.00 a roll makes it simply not worth it.

I would only process on application if there was something historically significant left unprocessed on pre existing / pre exposed rolls of film. I would wish to discuss with a client before hand what is on the roll and see previous works of theirs before commencing colour Kodachrome development. I would also like to know the history of the films storage.

I don't mean to sound unfriendly. I was merely testing the waters in terms of processing costs. I was not implying that I am going to launch this as a commercial service for any Tom , Dick or Harry.
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Frizza View Post
    I am not and will not process this film so people can simply indulge themselves by finding something to shoot just for the sake of using kodachrome. That's what Dwaynes 2011 cut off was for! The time and effort in processing kodachrome in colour by hand coupled by the fact that there is no profit margin in my costing of $260.00 a roll makes it simply not worth it.

I would only process on application if there was something historically significant left unprocessed on pre existing / pre exposed rolls of film. I would wish to discuss with a client before hand what is on the roll and see previous works of theirs before commencing colour Kodachrome development. I would also like to know the history of the films storage.

I don't mean to sound unfriendly. I was merely testing the waters in terms of processing costs. I was not implying that I am going to launch this as a commercial service for any Tom , Dick or Harry.
    I totally understand your comments and views, particularly as you would be getting no profit or even re-imbursement of your time and effort.

But I think there is almost zero chance of an unprocessed film carrying images of historical significance turning up at this stage, and surely no-one is now going to risk actually taking truly important or unrepeatable pictures on Kodachrome.

I see no reason why any Tom, Dick or Harry should be criticised for wanting to indulge themselves shooting a last few films of Kodachrome (I'd love to use up the dozen or so in my own freezer), but they really need a service at $20-30-ish, which I can't see happening.

Not criticising, just thinking aloud.
    Last edited by railwayman3; 11-26-2012 at 08:39 AM. Click to view previous post history.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Frizza View Post
    To be fair to all people who understood that differently, your offer sounded differently in that other thread you opened about your service and even there you made that strong limitation on what work you would accept only at post #109.

Don't understand me wrong: I'm amazed by the effort you put into this and I was surprised that you even made an offer for that processing service at all.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin