Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,579   Posts: 1,545,759   Online: 1038

Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20242526272829303132333435 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Reports of (Colour) Kodachrome Home Processing Emerge from Sydney

Quick somebody find a terrorist and shot them (with film) so the government needs to process the film to get his image!

Or what if I get a personal sit down with the president and get to do portraits, will you process THAT role? Is that significant enough? Lol.

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Guys, if you really knew how hard and expensive this was, you would fully understand Steve's POV! I have been asked to do this as well and even though I could, I will not even consider it at any price!

PE

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Guys, if you really knew how hard and expensive this was, you would fully understand Steve's POV! I have been asked to do this as well and even though I could, I will not even consider it at any price!

PE
    Even a million dollars? For a million if I wanted you to set up a lab and teach someone how to run it, would you do it?

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Re: Reports of (Colour) Kodachrome Home Processing Emerge from Sydney

PE
    I'll add that just as Kodachrome was choking to an end that PE put me onto enough information ro.figure it out myself (via private email) and I worked on it a while.

If quickly became clear that it's not trivial. Nor inexpensive.

So I gave up. So the prices didn't seem unreasonable.

I'll add that it is not a sustainable business model any more than my endrvor to turn the Phototherm 4x5 adapter back into production was.
    Last edited by michaelbsc; 11-26-2012 at 02:49 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    35mm

PE
    Actually PE was so many times the object of a proposal to close him in a barn to work at this project that I think he begun seriously worrying about it to be put in practice
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Diapositivo View Post
    Actually PE was so many times the object of a proposal to close him in a barn to work at this project that I think he begun seriously worrying about it to be put in practice
    Oh good idea! Lets do it! Hahaha

Hey is there ever an APUG get together for the whole USA somewhere? I'd like to meet you guys, I'm in Connecticut (obviously I do a lot of work in NY).

~Stone

Geelong & Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Oh good idea! Lets do it! Hahaha

Hey is there ever an APUG get together for the whole USA somewhere? I'd like to meet you guys, I'm in Connecticut (obviously I do a lot of work in NY).

~Stone

Get-together with APUG here! Come on Downunder! We actually shoot film in interesting locations and don't get all hot and sweaty picking over the carcass of Kodachrome...
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually Stone, I would be happy to teach someone how to do it for $1M. But, I would not produce any commercial runs and the lab would have to be set up beforehand with equipment and chemicals to my specification. That latter would not be included in the $1M of course, or I would spend the $1M myself just setting up!

You understand that, right?

Edit: After seeing all the hype about tax increases in 2013, I would like to add that the $1M that I would get would be after taxes.

You understand that as well, right?

PE
    Last edited by Photo Engineer; 11-26-2012 at 06:41 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: OBVIOUS!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Come to Rochester NY, the former "Mecca" for photography.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Come to Rochester NY, the former "Mecca" for photography.

PE
    ... and we could arrange for a special tour of the George Eastman House (and collection).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin